General Question The program does not work anymore

cortez

Reaction score
Hello,

I installed Orbiter before and it works very well. Now when I open it, the program can't load. Please let me know if I should reinstall it. Please help.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Could you tell a bit more what's going on? Does it crashes when loading a scenario? Or even before that?
Reinstalling is always a good thing to try to see if the installation was corrupt.

soumya-8974

Coronaut
Reaction score
Madam, did you install Orbiter by ZIP? If so, then you should check if the extracted Orbiter folder contain the following:
Orby16.PNG
By the way, welcome to the forum! 👋

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Before going through all the trouble of comparing folders by hand, it might be more productive to open the orbiter.log file (it's in the root folder) in a text editor and post the contents here. Quite often it helps to narrow down the problem significantly.

n72.75

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.adabsurdumpublishing.com
:welcome: to the forum.

Like others have said, if you could post your Orbiter.log file, or a screenshot what's happening when Orbiter wont open it would help us a great deal in assisting you.

To clarify, which version of Orbiter are you running, and do you have D3D9 client and Orbitersound installed?

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Cortez
Hope that a reinstall worked for you, but if not don't worry, the guys don't bite, they just need a bit more info to be able to help you.
If you can find that Orbiter.log file in your main Orbiter folder, that would be great.