SyncMFD Sync Orbit MFD (something isn't adding up)

Koriel

Reaction score
So I have been going from the Earth to the moon and back stopping on @ the Stations in orbit.

What I am finding unsual is that I am having 0 Issues getting the ship to sync up with the stations in one or 2 orbits and coming in within a few seconds of the intercept after a last orbit change to narrow it down.

My problem is the odds of this happening.
I would think it would be ALOT harder to get the ships in the right positions for a link up.
ie- I could be on the other side of the planet to the station when I complete the align planes menouver.

So I was wondering if I am just getting lucky or I am missing something ?

Tommy

Reaction score
Sounds like you are getting fairly lucky, or are you syncing during the transfer? That could help time your arrival a bit if you use it right. As for the launch, most of the stock scenarios start with a decent launch window approaching.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sync Orbit MFD calculates a rendezvous for non-Hohmann-type transfers as well as Hohmann-types. In other words, you and the target need not be flying in the same vertical direction at the time of the meet-up. This flexibility makes it easier to plan a rendezvous in a short time span, but it can cost you a lot of fuel when it comes time to match velocities at the meet-up.