OHM Sunnyvale STS Missions

Gazza

Reaction score
Hi Gazza, are you going to release your 2nd set of mission?:thumbup:
Not wishing to go off topic but at the moment, STS Payloads is on a permanent hold. I need a miracle for the pylonMFD to work correctly for the latest orbiter version.
It is nice to see newer meshes for STS Missions.

Thanks

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
I'm having a problem using UMmu with this add-on. Whenever I go EVA in the KH-12 servicing mission, I can only "grapple" the space shuttle and not any of the payload attachments. This is also the case with the [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5484"]HST-Ex[/ame] add-on. Is this a programming issue with UMmu or the add-on's attachments?

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm having a problem using UMmu with this add-on. Whenever I go EVA in the KH-12 servicing mission, I can only "grapple" the space shuttle and not any of the payload attachments. This is also the case with the HST-Ex add-on. Is this a programming issue with UMmu or the add-on's attachments?
You're right - UMMUs won't grapple the payloads! Shamefully, I never checked for this. I haven't had a chance to investigate fully yet, but I suspect the UMMU won't grapple an object that is already attached to something else. Need to confirm this though. If so, I'm not sure there is a suitable workaround.

Cheers,
Brian

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yup, I think I'm correct - UMMU won't grapple objects that are already attached to something else. I'd have to rework the entire attach/detach system on the KH-12,HST-Ex, etc. to fix it. I'm afraid you'll have to use the EVA Astronauts that come with the add-on (or the Shuttle RMS arm). Sorry.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
No problem. Thanks for the clarification!

Voyager_VI

Sailor Tim
Reaction score
Revisiting an old friend here and ran into a problem releasing the KH-12 from the payload tray, I tried 'G' but that release the payload tray from the orbiter...Never mind, figured out what I did wrong. :)

Last edited:

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For fictional scenarios, the choice is yours. Historical launch scenarios should have the launch time in the scenario notes (when you highlight the scenario in your Orbiter launchpad), or you can look in Wikipedia.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I get a CTD when turning on the HUD in Teal Ruby. Regular Orbiter 2016, with the latest D3D9Client.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
It is not designed for 2016, since it requires Shuttle Fleet 4.8 (incompatible with 2016). Staffs should not be idle in this situation.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I get a CTD when turning on the HUD in Teal Ruby. Regular Orbiter 2016, with the latest D3D9Client.
Yes I guess is one of those 2010 or earlier vessels. I might could rebuild/make a new dll. But I need to know what the old one had,.....

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It is not designed for 2016, since it requires Shuttle Fleet 4.8 (incompatible with 2016). Staffs should not be idle in this situation.
Shuttle Fleet 4.8 is optional, not required.

The .dll modules all need to be recompiled against Orbiter2016 API.
Attached is .zip with new Teal Ruby (SP80) .dll's (one for Vandenberg launch, one for KSC launch)
Also includes all the .cpp code for the other two sats, KH-12 and Lacrosse, but I couldn't find the "launch spotlight" code.
I don't have much time right now, so anyone wishing to recompile - go ahead!
Cheers,
Brian

Attachments

• sunnyvalests_code_dlls.zip
    143.3 KB · Views: 5

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Kh12 and lacrosse new dll's. They should run in 2016 and work with the sts2016

Attachments

• stsSunneydale2016modules.zip