Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I dunno, the thing i like about Steam is that games Just Work. You don't need to install anything, crack anything, fix anything, neuter anything. Just buy a game and play it.

And their streaming implementation is great - i can play anything on a simple tablet from anywhere within 20 copper millilightseconds of my place.

Not only that, but the Steam Play thing for cross-platform gaming is getting better in leaps and bounds - I frequently run Windows-only titles in linux and haven't needed to reboot into Windows native for months.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Sub is doing a 1.8GB download on Steam as I type.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I ask because I have tried 7 or 8 times now to create a Steam account, with no luck. Each and every time I try I am told that the username I have chosen is "Unavailable".

Just pick a username and keep adding nines at the end until it gets accepted. It's what I did...

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
The start of a brand new adventure awaits you in the latest Below Zero update. Experience an entirely revamped intro cinematic, as you crash land on Planet 4546B with Robin to uncover any clues about her sister, Sam, left behind by Alterra. A reworked Glacial Basin biome also awaits you as you return, as well as the introduction of cold mechanics, and escalating weather conditions.

https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-below-zero-frostbite-update/?k=6

Just for info its a 3.6GB download on Steam.

Last edited:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
1GB just gone through on Steam:

A new update is available for Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access. Salad Days are here on 4546B! Grab a thermos of coffee, fire up the Recyclotron, and get ready for more ice-cold adventure... and salad. Visit the Salad Days site to learn more!
Visit Marguerit’s Greenhouse and uncover unique plants and all-new salad recipes
React to the changing environment of Planet 4546B with player emotes
Interact with the Recyclotron and dismantle crafted objects to retrieve materials
Discover the bridge to Arctic Spires and a new accompanying cinematic
Experience the latest additions and clues to Below Zero’s revamped story
Scale the Below Zero UI with an additional slider to tailor your game experience

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Another update.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Subnautica: Below Zero 1.0 was released today (the game is now out of Early Access): https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-below-zero-is-out-now/

Below-Zero-Out-Now-618x318.jpg

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
I may or may not have logged more than a dozen hours in Below Zero during the weekend. While I really liked the Cyclops in the first game, the Seatruck isn't bad either.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
1.4GB update on Steam this morning.