Stupid rocket idea

tonykattvc

Just call me Tekwerk.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've been fascinated with flaming stuff for as long as i can remember, so when i found model rockets you know i'd just have to try them.

So i was bored one day, and i had some extra rocket engines around. So i strapped one to a lego figure and tied a plastic bag around it. Because of my Aspergers, though, i never bothered to put the thing in a rocket and launched it plain. It flew up about three feet and started doing a bunch of spirals until it landed about 20 feet away. Then the chute ejection charge set off and burnt a nice sized patch about a foot in diameter in the water deprived field. And thats how the Green Lake township Airport got burned. At least there were no buildings!

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I also have some drawings of a stupid rocket idea I had some months ago. I wanted to attach a little wood plane to my water powered rocket. This wood "shuttle" should be jetissoned with fireworks. I also thougt of SRBs.

And lego figures... I dropped them in front of my lego train so that their heads flew away. Man! I've been really cruel when I was younger...

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've got some CAD work of a rocket I designed to hit Mach 1 here on my computer, but I've never built it because of cost and because I'd like to get the thing back after it launches!

For those interested, the motor I had planned to use was either an H999N or an I1299N (both from Aerotech). Gotta love the Warp-9 motors. :)

tonykattvc

Just call me Tekwerk.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This has turned into a bucnh of rocket ideas, not everyone saying "What is :censored: wrong with you?"

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I also have some drawings of a stupid rocket idea I had some months ago. I wanted to attach a little wood plane to my water powered rocket. This wood "shuttle" should be jetissoned with fireworks. I also thougt of SRBs.

And lego figures... I dropped them in front of my lego train so that their heads flew away. Man! I've been really cruel when I was younger...

Now you're older and the only thing that's changed is that you're dropping DGIV's and XR's from orbit! :lol::p

RocketMan_Len

Reaction score
This has turned into a bucnh of rocket ideas, not everyone saying "What is :censored: wrong with you?"

Believe me - I was tempted to say JUST that. :lol: Most clubs face an uphill battle, trying to find places that will let us hold launches... because stunts like that are what make the news, not the thousands of safe flights that take place over the course of a year.