Station attempt

chrothor

Reaction score
I couldn't resist, and made some first model to see what I could do for a shipyard.

It features a main factory (the yellow lighted thing), a back hangar, big enough for an XR5 or maybe two (!), and a "residential wheel", which I would like to animate, obviously.

The truss in front of the factory is supposed to be some kind of tray, on which the Arrow is built and then launched.

The protruding mast along it is the control cabin, and there will be some exit hatch to send an mmu in the fresh arrow, to "boot" it.
station.jpg

The whole station is huge, nearly 1 kilometer, but the Arrow is not a tiny vessel to start.

Some kind of multiple dock would be a good addition as a sister station, with enough docking for 5 or 6 Arrows, allowing refueling, maintenance and repairs.

But all this is only wild speculation as long as I don't get to animate something, and I really want to make panels first, which would be more adequate for factory controls.

chrothor

Reaction score
For testing purposes, I generally strip Orbiter to the bare minimums.
I only enabled decent textures for the sake of the screenshot, because a six faced Earth is a bit of an eyesore :lol:

Not that anyone would have noticed , as I cropped the pic later...

chrothor

Reaction score
By "six-faced" I meant the basic shape it takes when you reduce texturing to level 1. Don't take everything literally ;)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
orbEarth.jpg

(Credit: Orb)