Question SSU Landing Sites

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Where does SSU look for when it comes to select a landing site?
I had a look at the files to see if there is any kind of editable landing site table (like the one used for the Shuttle Fleet) but could not find anything.
I am asking this since Zaragoza doesn't look good when selected on GPC SPEC50, the location must be wrong, probably on a zer/zero LAT/LONG at the equator and on Greenwich meridian (Gingin already posted in relation to this). I copied the Zaragoza base file from Orbiter2010 and pasted in both the Config/SSU and Config/Earth/Base folders but nothing changes..

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Where does SSU look for when it comes to select a landing site?
I had a look at the files to see if there is any kind of editable landing site table (like the one used for the Shuttle Fleet) but could not find anything.
I am asking this since Zaragoza doesn't look good when selected on GPC SPEC50, the location must be wrong, probably on a zer/zero LAT/LONG at the equator and on Greenwich meridian (Gingin already posted in relation to this). I copied the Zaragoza base file from Orbiter2010 and pasted in both the Config/SSU and Config/Earth/Base folders but nothing changes..

The available landing sites are listed in the manual. All the other entries should point to 0º/0º/0m. The site list used by the GPCs is hardcoded.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Then I wonder why it pops up on the GPC entering ITEM41+4 (ZAZ is not listed in the manual)... If it's not hard coded why it does show?
I know it is not a priority at all and you guys are dealing with more important stuff but would it be possible to add Zaragoza? After all it has been the main TAL landing site for all the ISS missions (yes I know SSU currently does not simulate aborts :p)

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Ok thanks. Then I wonder why it pops up on the GPC entering ITEM41+4 (ZAZ is not listed in the manual)... If it's not hard coded why it does show?
I know it is not a priority at all and you guys are dealing with more important stuff but would it be possible to add Zaragoza? After all it has been the main TAL landing site for all the ISS missions (yes I know SSU currently does not simulate aborts :p)

The names are done, but we don't have all the runways done... right now that work is halted as I'm waiting for news on a possible bug I found when leveling surface around the runways.