Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So how would you practically fix the wing textures?
The distortions were fixed by me remapping the wings. I have attached a screenshot showing this.

Attachments

• Wing_no_distortion.jpg
    Wing_no_distortion.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 269

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Are you going to check in the updates on SVN?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Are you going to check in the updates on SVN?
Yes, of course. I'll do that once I fixed everything on GLS's list.

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Yes, of course. I'll do that once I fixed everything on GLS's list.

If the wings are done, you could commit it, so Wolf can continue his work. :shrug:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
So, as we now a "COMPOOL", and parameters in it can be loaded/saved from/to the scenario file, I was thinking if it wouldn't be a good idea to put in there the target vessel of the. That way, a ground-up rendezvous could be made using the FDOMFD and then the onboard guidance, without the need to exit the sim to add the target vessel to the scenario.

Looking at the code (in the StateVectorSoftware class), there is also a t0Pos vector (position at T0) which is used to calculate the angle from the launch site for OMS-1/2... any idea if this is the correct implementation (save (only) the position at T0)? (if it doesn't require many lines to be re-written and helps in the rendezvous, IMO it is worth a bit of work)

In other news, I re-added the predictors to SPEC 50... they dance a bit too much IMO, but for now it's not that bad. The thing I that instead of "SPEC 50" I wrote "SPEC 51" in the commit message... :facepalm:
Editing the message doesn't work as a script is missing on the server side: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/197224/what-is-a-pre-revprop-change-hook-in-svn-and-how-do-i-create-it
Could our server gods add this one?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
In other news, I re-added the predictors to SPEC 50... they dance a bit too much IMO, but for now it's not that bad. The thing I that instead of "SPEC 50" I wrote "SPEC 51" in the commit message... :facepalm:

Possible to do for a server admin - but not really necessary. Its maybe annoying, but not critical.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I've been thinking and maybe my idea above isn't the best. Making the StateVectorSoftware run in MM101 would probably be a cleaner solution until "the proper way" is implemented. This way that software's scenario block is available pre-launch.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Just committed a reworked NWS! Still place for much improvement, but at least now the force isn't generated in the GPCs, but instead in the Landing Gear class.

Interesting bit I found while researching:
In early 1985, a meeting was held to discuss ways to upgrade the nosewheel steering system to a point at which the crew would be willing to use the nosewheel for steering. The nosewheel system had been used for only a short period on STS-9 as part of a DTO in which only the manual direct mode was used.

(...)

The baseline nosewheel steering system was not considered acceptable by the flight crew and engineers because a failure in GPC 2 or multiplexer-demultiplexer (MDM) 2 could cause the nosewheel to be commanded to full deflection. This would cause the Orbiter to depart the runway before the crew could turn the system off.
(emphasis mine)
Uhhh.... wow. :uhh:

BTW: I implemented the improved version from the 90s.

Next is another push to improve the AerojetDAP, so hopefully it is less susceptible to the Aileron/Rudder fight (that can always happen, but it's happening too much right now), then raise panel C3 so C2 has +/- the correct size, and a few details in the displays, and that is probably it on the OV for SSU 5.0.

asdad

Reaction score
Hello Again GLS , I have problem with SSU with last update when i compiled i get error like this : >Atlantis.cpp(343): error C2660: 'GetShuttleVerticalAeroCoefficients': function does not take 9 arguments can you fix it GLS ?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hello Again GLS , I have problem with SSU with last update when i compiled i get error like this : >Atlantis.cpp(343): error C2660: 'GetShuttleVerticalAeroCoefficients': function does not take 9 arguments can you fix it GLS ?
I missed committing Atlantis.h :facepalm:
It is up now, thanks!

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I knew this would happen eventually... my laptop just shutdown itself down while running MOGE in the Intel GPU... :facepalm:
As it now has both feet in the grave, I doubt it will survive summer. I'll have to buy a new one earlier than I wanted. :shrug:

On a positive note, I think I'm +/- finished with the AerojetDAP+guidance+aero business. :hailprobe:
I still haven't cracked the issue that causes the "force fight", but it seems to be that the sign of the NY feedback isn't correct, or at least what is expected for the vehicle to trim the sideslip. Not sure what Orbiter is doing behind the curtains, or if our NY calculation is correct. I have to "hot-wire" the lateral force calculated in the aero tables to the DAP to see what I can learn, but this might not happen soon as there are other priorities.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I knew this would happen eventually... my laptop just shutdown itself down while running MOGE in the Intel GPU... :facepalm:
As it now has both feet in the grave, I doubt it will survive summer. I'll have to buy a new one earlier than I wanted. :shrug:

Welcome to the club. :lol:

Funnily the problem only affects DirectX here. Java based games using OpenGL like Minecraft are not affected...

asdad

Reaction score
guys , i have one question: how to make SSME ignition in SSU different like STS-1 ? thank you

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Was it different for STS-1? :huh:
The initial idea was to ignite the SSMEs as late as possible, and when they reached 90% -> T0, so as little propellant was "wasted" before the launch, thus maximizing the up mass. But on the FRF they saw that the twang was much more than they expected, and waiting for the stack to swing back to a better position was required. They didn't want to change the countdown 2 months before launch, so they added a 2.7s delay in the SRB ignition.
For STS-2 they changed events to the more familiar times (and I'm not sure that was the final version).

guys , i have one question: how to make SSME ignition in SSU different like STS-1 ? thank you
So, STS-1 had a different countdown... it is hard enough to have one version of it, so that is not going to happen anytime soon. :shrug:

asdad

Reaction score
ok i got it , but i need correction with STS-1 video clip by NASA which mean the tittle is The Greatest Test Flight - STS-1 (Full Mission 03) i download in youtube

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

GLS , can you add sound for SSU LCC MFD for countdown ?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
GLS , can you add sound for SSU LCC MFD for countdown ?

Oh boy, sound... another thing I'd like to change, but still haven't had time. :facepalm:
Yes, it would be nice to have more sounds, but any new developments there will only come after a (possible/likely) switch to XRSound.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Welcome to the club. :lol:

Funnily the problem only affects DirectX here. Java based games using OpenGL like Minecraft are not affected...

SAME HERE!!!! This thing even shutdown seconds after I woke it up from sleep, but just now I spent 10 minutes "surveying my lands" :lol: in Minecraft and it is still up. You wouldn't know how to fix it? :shrug:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Oh boy, sound... another thing I'd like to change, but still haven't had time. :facepalm:
Yes, it would be nice to have more sounds, but any new developments there will only come after a (possible/likely) switch to XRSound.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

SAME HERE!!!! This thing even shutdown seconds after I woke it up from sleep, but just now I spent 10 minutes "surveying my lands" :lol: in Minecraft and it is still up. You wouldn't know how to fix it? :shrug:
Could it be related to either a power draw or thermal issue? It could be that those applications doesn't load the CPU/IGPU to the same degree which could explains why it isn't shutting down. You could download a hardware monitor program to check if this is the case.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I unplugged the external screen and all of a sudden, a game that didn't get past loading worked for 30 minutes with no issues.... but I still can't run D3D9. :facepalm:
The good news is that MOGE still runs (only tried about 1 minute now), so hopefully it should hold for sometime. *fingers crossed*.

Status
Not open for further replies.