SSU Development thread (4.0 to 5.0)

DaveS

Space Shuttle Ultra Project co-developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
8,869
Reaction score
199
Points
153
As far as the full stack aerodynamics go, here's what we got right now:
1st stage(SRB+ET+Orbiter):
SetCrossSections(_V(668.94, 676.94, 258.97));
SetRotDrag(_V(0.7, 0.1, 0.3));
SetPMI(_V(249.62, 239.97, 67.43));

2nd stage(ET+Orbiter):
SetCrossSections(_V(303.91, 422.33, 153.51));
SetRotDrag(_V(0.7, 0.1, 0.3));
SetPMI(_V(131.82, 131.49, 59.28));

And I really think that we should focus on getting the basic SSV (Space Shuttle Vehicle, the "stack name" for the fully assembled vehicle) done first. We have a viable roadmap, let's stick to it.
 

DaveS

Space Shuttle Ultra Project co-developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
8,869
Reaction score
199
Points
153
I'm running some basic integration checks on a fully assembled stack mesh using orbitersdk's shipedit tool, and while the X and Z axes mostly check out, the Y axis is very off.
 

Attachments

  • SSU_shipedit_full_stack.jpg
    SSU_shipedit_full_stack.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 16

DaveS

Space Shuttle Ultra Project co-developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
8,869
Reaction score
199
Points
153
I updated the cross-section and PMI parameters with the ones I got from the shipedit runs and they made practically no difference SRB impact points whatsoever. This tells me that our problem is elsewhere.
 
Top