SSU Development thread (4.0 to 5.0)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Generally, the handbook contains a lot of flight software implementation specific information, thats pretty great for improving our own guidance algorithm.

DaveS

Space Shuttle Ultra Project co-developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Generally, the handbook contains a lot of flight software implementation specific information, thats pretty great for improving our own guidance algorithm.
Yes, I see some differences to how we do things currently. For example, if RTHU is used, the OMS TV ROLL angle in MM104/105 should 0 and not 180. This was to minimize the time spent in attitude change in the case an OMS-1 burn was required. That's per page 2.2.2-2, paragraph 3.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, we have many such differences, but remember, we had little information about the GNC major function so far.

I think we can improve the situation a lot with this handbook, especially the many ET fast separation scenarios sound like a lot of "fun" to fly in a simulation.

I have to do a presentation about processes in a distributed system in january, I think about using the PASS as example there, since it is a nice different kind of distributed system among the more usual examples.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
On another note, I did some maintenance on our ticket list, and we only have 11 minor items to take care of. This is how it looks right now, 11 open items with 3 closed. If we accept that we won't have a "Hi-Q profile" for ascent and push that to version 7 (GNC Overhaul) that is.

Attachments

• SSU_50_ticket_list.jpg
    SSU_50_ticket_list.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 30

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I am already looking at this again, but I think I'll do a bit more work on the project first to improve quality before release. Also I am still in debt for a JSON support for specifying the animation constants.

Anyway, before going on to GNC, I think I'll also invest a bit of effort into cleaning up the source files. All this monolithic chaos is pretty annoying and slowing things down here, I don't want to search for which file to modify for a desired behavior.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any updates on progress towards getting 5.0 out?