OHM SPLV

ZacharyS41

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.zachsellinger.com
Why don't you change the payload masses to 615 kg and 655 kg?

I ask that because with 3500 kg and/or 1000 kg, the SPLV can't reach orbit because of the heavy payload.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Also, which launch pad at Cape Canaveral do you recommend for launching the SPLV from? Launch Complex 46? Launch Complex 39C? Launch Complex 13?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

I ask that because with 3500 kg and/or 1000 kg, the SPLV can't reach orbit because of the heavy payload.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Also, which launch pad at Cape Canaveral do you recommend for launching the SPLV from? Launch Complex 46? Launch Complex 39C? Launch Complex 13?
Based on the very low-res photo attached to add-on entry, this is the Lockheed Martin Launch Vehicle (LMLV) AKA Athena I. Athena I launched from Launch Pad 1 at Kodiak Launch Complex in Alaska, Space Launch Complex 6 and Space Launch Complex 8 at Vandenberg AFB and Launch Complex 46 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station as well as Launch Pad 0B at Wallops Flight Facility.

dundun92

Reaction score

Regarding the weight, those results were not actually measured in an actual launch, but what I thought was reasonable. Regarding the launch complex, I'd say 49, as it's the only one(as far as I know) currently in operation. The reason for the Athena rocket picture was because it was the closest rocket I could find(I'll post a real picture later).

ZacharyS41

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.zachsellinger.com
You know, in my humble opinion, the name "Solid Propelled Launch Vehicle" kinda sounds like a temporary one, and typically, rocket families are named for Greek/Roman mythology legends or distant stars and galaxies. They also are named specific Latin words.

So, I think that the SPLV should be renamed to "Fortis", which is one of twenty-two Latin translations for the English word "powerful".

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Another thing: according to your readme file, when you listed the Star-13 as a third stage option, were you referring to the regular Star-13 or the Star-13A?

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I need to get all my Athena files together and finish my version...