Split Sound for Simpit

rhoude57

Reaction score
Here's another question I have not found an answer for yet. Is it possible to create split audio with backgroud sound/noise going to general ambient speakers/bass shaker, and Mission Control and Communications sound going to the pilot's headset or an intercom?
I would find this so much more realistic and fun.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I don't believe OrbiterSound supports this option, no.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
After all this time I have to remind myself that sound is provided by a plugin and is not in the core.

rhoude57

Reaction score
I wonder if it would be possible to run two computers in master/slave mode and run a different OrbiterSound sound track on each computer for the same mission. I'll have to try that.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Seems like unfortunate overkill. Might be worth asking Dan if he could consider supporting this for the next version of OrbiterSound--allow some types of sounds to be tagged as "communication" sounds for the OS, and then the user can set their headset as the default communication device with the speakers as the default device and it'll just work. I know that worked fine in FSX.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not that much overkill if the slave is orbiter_ng without the graphics plugin...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Not that much overkill if the slave is orbiter_ng without the graphics plugin...
It's definitely overkill to need to use two computers for a task like this. Unfortunately required given that OrbiterSound doesn't support it, but still overkill.

Last edited: