Problem SpaceX Dragon Texture Problems

kevin580

Reaction score
Website
www.ascensionspaceagency.jimdo.com
I have much problems with that.
First:
The re-entry textures are missing. I am only getting the blue/orange/green heat shield. And in the capsule, I see the chutes :idk:

Second:
In the Orbiter.log, there are many missing textures, too.
Where to find them?

Third(happens not so often):
I made a reentry, directly after that, I got this:

picture.php

(Note: I think that big thing is the solar panel texture...)

:bailout:

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Gotta admit, that's one I haven't seen yet...
Did you separate from the trunk module before re-entry?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
OK, Just checking. You'd really be surprised at what comes up here sometimes...

I get some missing textures every now and again as well, but I can usually pin them down to some other add-on that steps on them somehow.

Is this on a clean Orbiter installation?

Tacolev

Reaction score
Reporting the same thing here. Also sometimes a particular texture becomes enormous and walls off the capsule at a distance of 50 meters or so.

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Third: It's not a texture problem it is because of a wrong mesh index. I think something went wrong during reentry, wrong mesh was deleted that caused this inflation of solar panel instead of the parachute.

Second: Yes, there're some(2 or 3) missing textures in the version I've released. They should not cause any CTD or serious bug like one on the screenshot. If orbiter's graphics client cannot find a texture it ignores that texture.

First: If you mean that the burned wall of capsule disappeared (or not appeared) during reentry then it is also because wrong mesh was deleted. the same thing caused problem on the screenshot.

Anyway, these bugs along with others will be fixed in the next version that I'm going to release at this summer. I can't do anything with the old one because I only have the code of new version that isn't completed yet.