Question Spacecraft3/4: Can you define more than two MFDs in VC?

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using Spacecraft3/4 to create a ShuttleA-esque cargo transporter and am now in the Virtual Cockpit design phase. Recently, I learned how to define mesh points for HUD and MFD placement. My question is: are you able to define more than just two MFDs? If so, what is the syntax?

The only definition parameters available, as far as I know, are MFD_LEFT and MFD_RIGHT. Are there others? Is it just a matter of defining other mesh groups with their corresponding points?

Screenshots are located in the HASSESA Industries thread; a link supplemented within my signature.

Thanks a bunch,

-Samuel

:cheers:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have no CTD, using SC 3/4 VC's. Only .dll vessels.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Only 2 MFDs (maxi) with Spacecraft 3/4.

And with Orbiter 2016, I have a CTD with a virtual cockpit....

I've only had a CTD once, but that was my fault for improperly defining my points. I accidentally deleted a coordinate set in the process.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
On your VC for Spacecraft3 (or 4). How you went about defining your areas for left/right MFD, defining the points (how you found your points), what placeholder you used on the mesh (actually seen this on another thread somewhere).

If we could gather info like this in one location, we could write an article so that others wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel every time. And it would be a handy guide for the next guy.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On your VC for Spacecraft3 (or 4). How you went about defining your areas for left/right MFD, defining the points (how you found your points), what placeholder you used on the mesh (actually seen this on another thread somewhere).

If we could gather info like this in one location, we could write an article so that others wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel every time. And it would be a handy guide for the next guy.

I think that's a very smart idea, and that's why I've been collecting all of these answers to my questions and, especially, trying to tag as much as possible. I figured that if I have these questions, the answers are hard to find.

I would like to help future developers in any way I can, and I cannot thank those who have dealt with my questions enough. Their patience is not undue a great deal of respect.

:cheers:

-Samuel