Space Shuttle Ultra - quick question re: MFDs

bujin

Reaction score
Hi guys - I'm trying out SSU, and one thing is puzzling me - how do I change the display on the MFDs in the VC? I've found the on/off switch and the controls along the bottom, but I can't find out how to display the menu to select a different MFD mode! What am I missing? I'm turning all the MFDs on, but they're all displaying the same (Orbit) MFD mode - which isn't very useful! :lol:

I've looked through the docs and cannot find the relevant info! :blink:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
click and hold the page button for a few seconds.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
You are lucky because my MFDs are always black.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes. Only in the VC it does not work. What is the problem that causes this?
Have you tried the clicking the power button? It's the left-must black button on the side of the MFDs-

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I did that. I can show you a picture in a little bit. What happens is, the screens are black but on the bottom of the MFD in the virtual cockpit you can see a litle bit sure as on the GPC, it will be black and have ITEm and OPS but the screen is still black.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Try the Deltaglider MJR. Are the MFD screens inside the virtual cockpit white?

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
No. It is only the Shuttles.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I did that. I can show you a picture in a little bit. What happens is, the screens are black but on the bottom of the MFD in the virtual cockpit you can see a litle bit sure as on the GPC, it will be black and have ITEm and OPS but the screen is still black.
What's your color depth? 16 or 32? There have been some reported cases on certain graphics card that the VC MFDs doesn't work in a certain color depth. Changing to the other(if you have 32 change to 16, if you have 16 change to 32) have cured it in the past.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you so much Dave. I changed it from 32 to 16 and it works now. Thank you very much!

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thank you so much Dave. I changed it from 32 to 16 and it works now. Thank you very much!

Maybe the SSU won't be so crummy now. ;)

bujin

Reaction score
Ok two more little questions.

I set all the MFDs, using the CRT MFD for the five CRTs on F7, with the top two showing the OPS101 display, the bottom ones showing the fuel display and whatnot. However, when I press CTRL+right to move to the pilot's seat, the CRT displays all reset to their default. Is this a bug?

Also, when I start the T-9:00 scenario and load the CRT MFD with OPS101, I just get a display showing "101" in the top corner with nothing else. What am I missing?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok two more little questions.

I set all the MFDs, using the CRT MFD for the five CRTs on F7, with the top two showing the OPS101 display, the bottom ones showing the fuel display and whatnot. However, when I press CTRL+right to move to the pilot's seat, the CRT displays all reset to their default. Is this a bug?

Also, when I start the T-9:00 scenario and load the CRT MFD with OPS101, I just get a display showing "101" in the top corner with nothing else. What am I missing?
Q1: No. Saving it's state isn't implemented in the 1.06 release of CRTMFD.

Q2: Nothing. The ASCENT screens are not implemented in the 1.06 release of CRTMFD.

jungzimm

Reaction score
Hi, another question about SSU and on orbit burns. I was trying to use just the standard "orbiter" autopilot modes such as prograde, normal, etc. during orbital allignments and syncing orbits but I have problems. For example, during an alignment of orbits burn, my orbital altitudes get out of wack and during synching, my allingment starts drifting. Is this because SSU burns with the OMS aren't lined up with the x axis of the shuttle? I see you can use CRT to "trim" the OMS engines. I would use CRT for the burns but can't figure out what parameters to but in to adjust orbits for allignment and sych. I also tried STS-GPC which tries to work but also finds the orbits changing during its burns. I've been able to simualte launch and OMS2 pretty accurately but can't seem to get much closer to rendevous.

John

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
jungzimm: What you need to tell the GPCs is your desired burn time in Mission Elapsed Time(MET) which is the format of ddd:hh:mm:ss, the desired delta V is feet per second(fps) in all three axes(X, Y and Z) where X is forward/backward, Y is left/right and Z is up/down.

When you have inputted all that required data enter ITEM 22 to load the data and ITEM 23 to start the burn countdown, the burn is automatic.

Also at around 10-5 minutes prior to the burn enter ITEM 27 to manuever to correct burn attitude. Make sure that both OMS Engine switches on panel C3 is set to ARM/PRESS to both arm and pressurize the OMS engines.

jungzimm

Reaction score
DaveS, Thanks, but I guess I didn't phrase my question well. I know what kind of data is required for CRT data entry; I just don't know how to obtain deltaV in 3 axes so I can enter it. If I need to do a 1 degree plane change, how do I get the deltaV in x,y,z. Similar questions for raising pe and ap by a given distance.
John

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You should be able to get the DV magnitude using EquationMFD (on Orbithangar). A prograde burn corresponds to a positive X value and Y/Z values of 0. A plane change burn corresponds to a non-zero Y value and X/Z values of 0.