Space Shuttle Simulator 2007

bujin

Reaction score
Anyone else got this?

I bought it a couple of days ago. Now that it's patched up to 1.12 it's a bit more playable, and I quite like it.

Just finished the first mission (STS-1), with a rather flukey landing on first attempt! :lol:

Really, it's less a game than a "follow instructions" simulation, but it's still not bad.

Not overly happy with the authentication system though, which ties the program to one particular computer, so if I decide to do a major upgrade (which, thankfully, I don't as I only did so about 6 months ago), the program will no longer work. (Dunno what the situation is - whether you have to buy it again or they will supply you with a new authentication code, but it's pretty inconvenient either way!)

http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com/index.html

apollo13

Reaction score
I got the program ysterday it's pretty good.

bujin

Reaction score
Just to give you an idea, for anyone who is curious about the game, here's a clip of me landing Endeavour at KSC RWY15 (from STS-88).

And here's one of STS-1 launch:

Last edited:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Nice job mate, looks very nice! I'm still waiting for my copy, since I worked with the film maker I'm getting a free copy once Exciting Simulations approves it. :hotcool:

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks very nice! Seems hard to fly though...No matter! I hope they provide you with a good manual.

bujin

Reaction score
The manual's not too bad. Having said that, it's all quite self explanatory. At certain times during the mission you have to flip switches, set dials and operate the computers, but you are told what to do anyway. It's quite easy.

Piloting the shuttle itself can be a bit awkward, as the stick "dead zone" seems a bit large, and then when it finally does move, it's very sensitive - takes some getting used to! But once you know what you're doing, it's not all that difficult.

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ummmmm..... I think they have binned the free version (S3) and replaced it with a new name and made it *Shrudders* Payware

GIVE US THE (full) FREE VERSION!

richard1967

Reaction score
orbitor

Well i love orbitor but more of a appolo person as i was born in 1967 your saying wow lol but i can remember some of the appolo missions as a kid. I was even then amazed watching 16 17 land on the moon live. I know that ppl say that they remember Armstrong but my hero is buzz aldrin from that day of 69 i have to say that all the astronauts of that time were the true heroes. I cant imagine what was the point of just flying into orbit yeh its amazing but one thing always came to mind. We have done that going to the moon was supposed to be the first step towards space exploration then going back to just blasting off into earth orbit seems pointless ohh well happy times.

:speakcool:

---
---
Moderator Note: Message edited to remove discussion about downloading cracked games or illegal software which is clearly against the forum rules. Please review the rules HERE. Thank you! -Tex

Last edited by a moderator:

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I was severely put off the Shuttle Simulator when the author started insulting me in Swedish.
I'm not a business expert, but IMO insulting potential customers isn't clever.:huh:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I was severely put off the Shuttle Simulator when the author started insulting me in Swedish.
I'm not a business expert, but IMO insulting potential customers isn't clever.:huh:

:rofl:

OK, again one thing, we can avoid in Space Shuttle Ultra.

myles

Reaction score
Does this come with a recorder? What about adding in your own sound or scenery, textures, etc? Is there a way to hack the code to disable the autopilot? What instruments are there? I think I might get it.

richard1967

Reaction score
shuttle 2007

To be fair, it's rubbish. I have just got it and find it quite boring. Back to AMSO :D.

bujin

Reaction score
Does this come with a recorder? What about adding in your own sound or scenery, textures, etc? Is there a way to hack the code to disable the autopilot? What instruments are there? I think I might get it.

No recorder, unfortunately. It has been put in as a request, but I dunno whether they will add it.

No ability to add sound, scenery or textures. Not sure about disabling the autopilot, tbh.

The instruments are, afaik, a recreation of the shuttle's instrumentation, but not having flown (or been inside) a shuttle, I've no idea how accurate they are!

Bear in mind that it is a mission simulator. Unlike Orbiter, you don't have the option of doing your own thing. It has quite limited scope in comparison, but, IMO, what it does, it does quite well. I quite enjoy playing it.

Cerebus

Lurking
Donator
Reaction score
Just a quick note: S3 is still available at shuttlesim.be, and as far as I can tell is nothing to do with Space Shuttle Simulator 2007, although S3 has not been updated in a long time and is still at Ver .0002.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just a quick note: S3 is still available at shuttlesim.be, and as far as I can tell is nothing to do with Space Shuttle Simulator 2007, although S3 has not been updated in a long time and is still at Ver .0002.
It does. S3 was the alpha version of SSM 2007. So yes, S3 has been updated in the form of SSM 2007.

bujin

Reaction score
IIRC, S3 didn't include specific missions. I only tried it twice and it didn't work properly on my computer the first time, and not at all the second time! But I believe it had a launch phase, an on orbit phase, a de-orbit phase and a landing phase, but wasn't tied to any specific mission (but I could be wrong), whereas SSM2007 consists of several historic missions.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
IIRC, S3 didn't include specific missions. I only tried it twice and it didn't work properly on my computer the first time, and not at all the second time! But I believe it had a launch phase, an on orbit phase, a de-orbit phase and a landing phase, but wasn't tied to any specific mission (but I could be wrong), whereas SSM2007 consists of several historic missions.
That's why S3 was just an alpha version with many innaccuracies. SSM2007 is S3 but further evolved.

cljohnston

Reaction score
Website
myspace.com

Ummmm, if they're gonna be re-creating STS-1, they should know the differences between Columbia and the later Orbiters: the extra black tiles on top of the wing glove, the fact that the original cockpit layout only included 3 monochrome CRTs, the black stripe around the nose of the ET...

sts1_launch_full.jpg

STS1-07n.jpg

EDIT: Other than that, and looking at the other videos... this program looks magnificent!
Makes me wish I don't just own an iMac these days!

bujin

Reaction score
Ummmm, if they're gonna be re-creating STS-1, they should know the differences between Columbia and the later Orbiters: the extra black tiles on top of the wing glove, the fact that the original cockpit layout only included 3 monochrome CRTs, the black stripe around the nose of the ET...

Dunno about the design of the orbiter and tank, but there are good gameplay and technical reasons why they kept the cockpit the same for each of the missions, and it is all explained in the manual.