Vessel Space Rangers Slingship 377

TMHLIVE

Sci-Fi Test Pilot
Reaction score
For them out in the world who don't know Space Rangers was a Very short lived show in the early 90's that was up against the big boys like Babylon 5 and Star Trek. Both great!!! I have fallen in love with Orbiter. I play it everyday and learn more and more with every click.

I'm loving the Firefly addon but I would really love someone with way more skill to build a 377 addon. I know they are a lot of work to do but it would be so cool if someone could mod something they have made to work. from what i know it does have hover jets as it can land vertically and take off if needed.
as for the rest of the flight controlls they are normal as it is a space craft not a plane. like the firefly it can fly in atmo but needing the use of its engines to do it.

it does have a faster then light travel. (they call it light speed lol) un like the firefly tho its reverse thrust does bring it to a near stop when dropping out. Where as the firefly you do need to turn around to reverse or burn the hell out of your reverse engines.

my main concern is the model as I am useless making anything in 3d nor coding anything to do anything. any help would be super cool as i am dying to fly this ship and I see nothing like around.

Here is a picture of what it looks like.

SpaceRangers05SlingshipPax377Hero.jpg

Thanks to all who answer...and a big thank you to the person who makes it if it does happen...and thanks to the makers of orbiter...IM HOOKED!

Staiduk

Reaction score
I LOVED that show!
Capt. Boon: "Hey guys, welcome to Avalon! Keep one hand on your wallet and the other on your..."
Hunt: (breaks in) "Uhh, thanks for that, Captain..."

It lasted for what - 5 episodes?

It was fun, energetic and cool; it had lots of potential. And of course it had Margorie Monaghan as the pilot of the ship...I've always had something of a 'thing' for really long blondes... and there are few blondes taller than Margie. ;)

The 'Sling' effect came right out of 'Tour of the Universe'; a full-motion ride under the CN Tower in Toronto which I absolutely loved.

I'd love it if Slingship 377 could be built. I haven't the ability to do it; but can offer my support for the wish. Just so long as there is a six-and-a-half-foot blonde lying in the pilot's couch ;)

Cheers!

TMHLIVE

Sci-Fi Test Pilot
Reaction score
AMEN TO JOE JOE!!!

and actually 6 epi's including the pilot....
all the stuff is there to make the ship fly...Hover MDF for that and autopilot and warp mdf to do the light speed thing as best as can be done without loads of work...I guess the loads of work part tho is creating the ship it self....Please someone with more skillz them me make this ship lol

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

OMG I just downloaded and gave it a go and ya 30 sec in totally lost...no idea what i am doing to make this ship.:(