Question Soyuz TMA VC?

isda

Reaction score
Hi, is anybody can share with me about Thorton's Soyuz TMA VC development?
I really wanted to lift off with his Soyuz virtually and look outside through round window beside me during ascent and planning approach and dock with ISS using realistic soyuz mfds. Thanks 4 ur thought in advance. :cheers:

mc_

Reaction score
I have something, but work is going very slow. It's better to say "project is hibernated".
And even if i'll finish the mesh (~30% left), it's gonna be a "texture mapping hell".

isda

Reaction score
I have something, but work is going very slow. It's better to say "project is hibernated".
And even if i'll finish the mesh (~30% left), it's gonna be a "texture mapping hell".

Did u do the project with help from your friends or by yourself? Does Thorton knows ur hibernated project? I think 70% finished mesh is better and maybe somebody out there who can deal with the 'mapping hell' can help to finish ur project...:thumbup:
If u dont mind, could u share the 70% mesh progress pics here? Thanks

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I hope we will have this one day too, but it is unlikely it will come from Thorton, as he is very busy in real life and that he has already a lot of projects he'd like to improve (his priority would be the ISSR, I think).

Here's a rather good pic of the TMA interior :

ess-tiap4-10.jpg

isda

Reaction score
I hope we will have this one day too, but it is unlikely it will come from Thorton, as he is very busy in real life and that he has already a lot of projects he'd like to improve (his priority would be the ISSR, I think).

Here's a rather good pic of the TMA interior :

ess-tiap4-10.jpg
:) Nice pic. Thanks buddy. I hope too that one day there will be a nice vc for Soyuz TMA like what Space Shuttle (Shuttlefleet4.7) has.

mc_

Reaction score
Thorton helped me a lot with this - whole cockpit layout was build around the original Soyuz capsule mesh with flipped normals.

It was a bit difficult to fit all elements to proper positions, but result looks close to the original.

Anyway, as N_Molson said, it should come from Thorton. I just have no skills and patience to finish.

P.S.: spacesuit meshes are for layout check only, too many triangles.

isda

Reaction score
Thorton helped me a lot with this - whole cockpit layout was build around the original Soyuz capsule mesh with flipped normals.

It was a bit difficult to fit all elements to proper positions, but result looks close to the original.

Anyway, as N_Molson said, it should come from Thorton. I just have no skills and patience to finish.

P.S.: spacesuit meshes are for layout check only, too many triangles.
:) Thanks Mc 4 ur nice sharing. Yeap...I really hope that maybe Thorton or anybody who has skills would try to finish this wonderful orbiter.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Very nice work.

Making VCs for Orbiter is quite complex ; maybe there is a way to make the API a little more "user-friendly" on that ?

Personally, I still don't get the way meshes, textures, MFDs & .dll are related in that context. :huh:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Making VCs for Orbiter is quite complex ; maybe there is a way to make the API a little more "user-friendly" on that ?

It is pretty user-friendly, the problem is that not every framework fits for every spacecraft. The SSU VC framework is pretty, but also pretty Shuttle specific and I lack the time and support to improve it. There are performance and extensibility aspects that could be improved a lot there.