Solar System Ideas Anyone?

Nickmick95

Reaction score
Does anyone have any Ideas for any new solar systems?:hmm: If so, write about it on this thread an I will make it!:yu:

davidsinn

Reaction score
I've always wanted to screw around with a double planet. Two Earths or maybe Earth and Venus in a coupled orbit.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
I've always wanted to go to Zeta Reticuli.;)

Would orbiter support a binary system?

No close-in gas giants have been detected so far i think for either star so there could be rocky earth like worlds there. The sun like stars are separated by 9,000 AU so it would be a real journey from one to the other and you could possibly have 2 whole systems to travel between - assuming you can do it.

It's also a system of some notoriety, being the alleged home of a particular breed of aliens, known for 'probing' and other strange activities on earth, and in other fiction, a moon orbiting a gas giant around Zeta2 was the place where the fantastic 80's movie "Aliens" was set.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
It's also a system of some notoriety, being the alleged home of a particular breed of aliens, known for 'probing' and other strange activities on earth....

Those are just the underground Zetan drug smugglers. To them, human blood is a highly illegal stimulant drug known as "juice". :lol:

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've always wanted to go to Zeta Reticuli.;)

Would orbiter support a binary system?

No close-in gas giants have been detected so far i think for either star so there could be rocky earth like worlds there. The sun like stars are separated by 9,000 AU so it would be a real journey from one to the other and you could possibly have 2 whole systems to travel between - assuming you can do it.

It's also a system of some notoriety, being the alleged home of a particular breed of aliens, known for 'probing' and other strange activities on earth, and in other fiction, a moon orbiting a gas giant around Zeta2 was the place where the fantastic 80's movie "Aliens" was set.
I think attempts have been made to make another "sun" a long ways away from Sol, but Orbiter didnt' seem too happy with the idea. There is, however, Msss MFD available on Orbithangar.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
yes, i imagine there are some big problems with the way that orbiter only allows 1 light source.. i'm sure if you had 2 stars separated by 9,000 AU's then it might cause some problems with the physics.

For the benefit of the audience at home, what does Msss MFD do?

Nickmick95

Reaction score
Msss MFD generates Star systems from scratch or you go to already made star systems Like Sol and Betelgeuse!;)

penlu

Reaction score
I was thinking of a water cloud gas giant (a gas planet that is cool enough to have visible rain clouds in its atmosphere) orbiting the sun at a distance of maybe 3 A.U. around a red dwarf and a moon orbiting that gas giant at a REALLY FAR DISTANCE. The moon is approximately the size of Earth and covered with a layer of oxygen at 0.5 atmospheres. The surface of the moon, because of the cold, is covered with a layer of ice similar to Europa's. There are a few impact craters, with one region having especially many and covered by a thin, thin layer of sand with a lot of goopy brine underneath. The planet underneath the crust is composed of water, water, and only water, getting saltier as you get closer to the center. This little planet has two moons as well: One composed entirely of silicate rocks, with a gravity one fourth of its parents, and orbiting at about two of its planet's radii from the surface, and a second one, resembling an asteroid, trapped in a mysteriously stable halo orbit in front of the silicate moon. Hmm? Rather pretty, I would think.

Nickmick95

Reaction score
Thanks for all your Ideas! I will try to make them all! Anyone else can still post what they want for a solar system and I will reply back to you!:)