So I guess i'll introduce myself

Stripe

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thought i'd post and at least make myself known to the community.

I've had Orbiter on my hard drive for about a year or so (as in, it's just been sat there, i've not used it) then I got round to at least browsing the scenarios, which finally moved on to working my way through 'Go Play In Space' just done the Brighton Beach scenario (go me!)

Still as you probably guessed learning but i've been looking for something to put my interest in. The more I read the more interested i've become, may even get me to start coding again (not touched MSVC++ for a few years now, I'm probably quite rusty by now)

I'm sure however with enthusiasm i'll easily remember what I've forgotten :)

As i'm still working my way through the various tutorials, i'll probably not be posting much as my input is probably not going to be much, and any questions I do have will probably be solved by a search, but at least i've done the first bit :D

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Careful, there is no cure for Orbiter addiction.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
No there isn't. I tried all kinds of things including things relevant to your sig (which is brilliant btw) and nothing worked.

Also :welcome: to the forum!
You can't imagine how relieved I am that someone new to orbiter actualy recognizes the existence of the search function :p
Happy Orbiting!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi Stripe, welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nah. That won't work. Once you've found Orbiter, the little blue pill only keeps you from rolling out of bed at night.

It's funny, I just had an awful dream about Orbital Mechanics a day or two ago. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't calculate the argument of periapsis (or something)... no wonder I slept horribly that night.

And yes, welcome! :)

Stripe

Reaction score
You can't imagine how relieved I am that someone new to orbiter actually recognizes the existence of the search function :p
Happy Orbiting!

:lol:

I've posted on a few other forums, one of the people there posted a thread which had a flash animation of 'How To Post On A Internet Forum'
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Which was quickly followed up by someone else posting Videojug's flash animation, 'How To Behave On An Internet Forum'

Ever since I saw them, I've just sent those links to someone who is obviously new to an internet forum and all of a sudden, they seem to understand ;)

It's funny, I just had an awful dream about Orbital Mechanics a day or two ago. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't calculate the argument of periapsis (or something)... no wonder I slept horribly that night.

I think i'm going to fit in well here, last week I dreamt in HD, then when I went back to SDTV I commented that the difference between them was amazing. That was an interesting one, though this isn't the first time that's happened. Many years ago, I dreamt using the build engine and I walked round my house looking at the pictures I have on my walls.

Thanks all for your welcome, looks like i've found my home :cheers: