OHM Smorgasbord.

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: slice n splice

This is a smorgasbord sure to make any astronauts day.

It contains alot of food and drinks for those long busy hard days.

Sit back relax and enjoy a meal.

The food is dehydrated and all those fancy things before it leaves earth.

Then once the station or astronaut pulls the lever. It opens.
Once the lever is pulled the meals hydrate like they had never been dehydrated to begin with.

(a ummu cannot actually unpack this)
Though a space station like UCGOISS would be able to consume it.

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
:lol::lol:
it was surly more work to come to tha idea than to make that cargo.
:lol:
good work!

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
Than one woul have to download all cargos and wait he woul downloading time, if he's just interested in one of the Cargos.
But similar Cargos could build one pack just like my [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4795"]More packed things for UCGO[/ame].

Slice N Splice

Reaction score
How about you make many cargos and release then in one huge pack?

1. Thanks hal for your nice comments.
2. Jinglesassy ill be sure to do that, it just now hit me that that would be awesome.
3. thank you all for your nice comments. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
A brief review of this add-on:
This is a simple add-on that uses copied and then modified files from already existing add-ons.

The configuration file for this cargo, "ISI Food.cfg" is a copy of "CargoSpaceFoodR34.cfg" from [ame=http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4457]UCGO & UMMU compatible ISS[/ame] with changed cargo name, mesh name, and description.

The image for scenario editor uses DanSpaceCargoFood.bmp, which will be displayed only when previously mentioned add-on was installed.

The cargo won't restock neither food nor water resources, if other add-ons consume them, because it doesn't define standard resource tags, but instead:
Code:
UcDescription = Nutrients and Hydrations.	; description AND/OR keyword if ressource
And per documentation of UCGO:
UCGO_SDK_DOC.pdf said:
I propose to all the cargo and vessel authors the following list of basic keywords:

oxygen, fuel, food, water, hydrogen, gold, helium, metal, rock, powercell

Using these keywords gives a greater chance that other authors have made cargo or a vessel that can use them too.

The used "ISIFood.msh" mesh is a copy of "UCGOCargInflatTankBox.msh" from UCGO add-on, with only changed path to a different texture file.

The only original content of the texture is about 3/5 of it (the rest is from UCOCargoInflatable*Box.dds of UCGO), which is a text containing typos, and inserted images with backgrounds not fitting to each other and to the rest.​

Last edited:

Slice N Splice

Reaction score
A brief review of this add-on:
This is a simple add-on that uses copied and then modified files from already existing add-ons.

The configuration file for this cargo, "ISI Food.cfg" is a copy of "CargoSpaceFoodR34.cfg" from UCGO & UMMU compatible ISS with changed cargo name, mesh name, and description.

The image for scenario editor uses DanSpaceCargoFood.bmp, which will be displayed only when previously mentioned add-on was installed.

The cargo won't restock neither food nor water resources, if other add-ons consume them, because it doesn't define standard resource tags, but instead:
Code:
UcDescription = Nutrients and Hydrations.    ; description AND/OR keyword if ressource
And per documentation of UCGO:
The used "ISIFood.msh" mesh is a copy of "UCGOCargInflatTankBox.msh" from UCGO add-on, with only changed path to a different texture file.

The only original content of the texture is about 3/5 of it (the rest is from UCOCargoInflatable*Box.dds of UCGO), which is a text containing typos, and inserted images with backgrounds not fitting to each other and to the rest.

I would like to thank you for your ripping apart of this.

I would also love to thank you for making it near impossible for me to learn somehow...

I hope your happy.

While your at it, you need to bash me and my dreams a little bit more.

Thanks. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Orb wasn't trying to bash your dreams or rip your addons apart, he's just trying to help you by pointing out what could be better in them :thumbup:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

I would also love to thank you for making it near impossible for me to learn somehow...

I hope your happy.

No... it's called "reviewing". Look it up. This is one of the definitions of the word: "an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation". I think orb's posts qualify as that.

If you can't handle bad reviews, then you should reconsider being an add-on developer. Everyone and then I mean everyone gets bad reviews at some point.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score

But tell me why it's near impossible to learn? If a teacher gives you a bad mark/grade, does it tell you to stop learning? I think you have already learned something, and you'll improve your skills of add-on making, to release much better add-ons in the future.

Did you see any of my add-ons? There is only one I have released. Other add-ons I created are either not finished yet, or not good enough in my opinion to be released at all, but I still mod Orbiter, though my mods are used only by me, until I finish or improve them, and be sure they will be useful for the community. And I didn't start modding Orbiter just a year ago, but a few years ago, but I only decided to share only one of add-ons I was sure it's good enough, and people might like it too. And I still have a few projects suspended for releasing, until I find more time and mood for polishing them.

I hope your happy.

Why should I be happy? I was pointing what's wrong, and what needs to be improved. I checked your add-on and compared it to other add-ons, and I simply didn't find it's a creative add-on. This wasn't to stop you making add-ons, or making myself feel good. This was to make you aware, that your add-ons aren't as good as you might think, that you should slow down with releasing every simple add-on you create, and that you should still practice and ask questions to learn more about making them, and only release an add-on, when you are sure that it isn't so simple that anyone can make it, by changing a few bits of existing add-on.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

I hope your happy.

Orb wasn't trying to bash your dreams or rip your addons apart, he's just trying to help you by pointing out what could be better in them :thumbup:

The queezy feeling you have in your stomach is the result of honesty. Here's what you should ask yourself:
"What intellectual challenges does this addon have, so that anyone else in the community can't make one like it? What makes this addon stand out, when compared to other addons?"

There are tons of addons like yours that people make and use only themselves, because they know other people won't like them and won't admire them. I, for one, removed everything but Earth and Moon from my solar system to speed up loading times when testing. My guess is others do the same, but you didn't see me releasing the solar system config file...