Problem Sketchpad Error message at Orbiter start-up

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have a problem at start up. After I click OK, it runs normal, but it is annoying. I get this screen, can someone tell me how to fix it.

Attachments

• startup error..jpg
    startup error..jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 54

Tommy

Reaction score
Had a similar problem, was due to some missing .dll files on the computer (visual C runtimes). Seems to me there's a utility to test for those, perhaps it's hidden in the Utilities folder?

Or you could run the MSI installer - it will check for the .dlls, and install them if needed.

Keatah

Reaction score
What an obscure error. I have not the slightest clue other than that it will have to do with your windows system files. And it might have something to do with a faulty gdi32 install.

But, first, is this happening on a clean, no mods, no addons, orbiter install?

You might want to run SFC, the system file checker. Read up on it -- http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Is this Orbiter or Orbiter_ng? If the latter, what graphics client are you using? Sketchpad::polyPolyline is defined by the client, so this error could be caused by using a mismatched client (e.g. running Orbiter2010-P1 (100830) with a client compiled against a beta version).

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It does it on both. This doesn't happen on my main Orbiter 2010 P1. It just popped up when trying to make a clean install to test the Orbiter.ng.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
If I understand correctly, you have two Orbiter 2010 P1 installations: a main one that works, and a clean one that shows this error. Is that correct? Can you double-check that the graphics client DLL in the clean instance matches the (working) one in your main instance exactly?

(As Martin suggested) it sounds like the graphics client being loaded doesn't match the Orbiter core version it was linked with, so it can't locate a method with that signature in the 2010 P1 Orbiter.exe.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
The
Code:
?PolyPolyline@Sketchpad@oapi@@UAEXPBUIVECTOR2@2@PBHH@Z
function doesn't exist neither in Orbiter 100606, nor 100830, nor in 111105. There is
Code:
?PolyPolyline@Sketchpad@oapi@@UAEXPBTIVECTOR2@2@PBHH@Z
instead.

According to undname tool, the function that is being looked for by some module and is missing is:
Code:
public: virtual void __thiscall oapi::Sketchpad::PolyPolyline(struct oapi::IVECTOR2 const *,int const *,int)

While it should be this:
Code:
public: virtual void __thiscall oapi::Sketchpad::PolyPolyline(union oapi::IVECTOR2 const *,int const *,int)
which is what Orbiter headers define.

It could be from some pre-2010 module linked against the Orbiter beta SDK, which used struct instead of union for IVECTOR2. The last Orbiter version which I could find using struct instead of union for IVECTOR2 is Orbiter Beta 091124 (from 2009).

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
All fixed !! I guess I didn't have a completely clean install the first time. :facepalm:

Thanks for all the help.