Six-star system found by TESS space telescope

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The TESS space telescope, usually searching for Exoplanets, had discovered TYC 7037-89-1, a very beautiful star system made of three binary starsystems,

The preprint to the discovery can be found here:

I really wish we could visit such places in orbiter one day, that one is really more fantastic than science fiction ever could have painted it. It is not the first sixtuple star system found, but the structure of it is really what makes it special in the known universe. Imagine sitting on a planet on one of the stars of TYC 7037-89-1B, that permits exoplanets to exist, looking up to see two suns and a dense cluster of four very bright stars above.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
1859_eclipsing_binary_schematic.jpeg

Who needs sci-fi when there is reality?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I guess so many gravitational sources of various masses can make navigation... interesting... ?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I guess so many gravitational sources of various masses can make navigation... interesting... ?

I am pretty sure, I hear a Jules Verne Challenge navigator laugh silently. ?

Challenger007

Reaction score
Yes, this corner of the Universe is very interesting, and it is a pity that it cannot be seen from a home telescope. But who knows what will happen in a few decades and what opportunities will be in our hands? My son and I now really enjoy watching the Moon, Mars, and Venus through our Celestron Newtonian Telescope. We haven’t made any further progress yet, but the opportunities that we have now are enough for us to spend exciting evenings with a common hobby.