Shuttle Press Kits

Fearless

Reaction score
I find that reading up on missions is quite handy before attempting to have a go at it in Orbiter Space Sim.
I basically download the Presskits for that particular mission I have a go at. :)
Available here:Shuttle Press Kits

Chipstone306

Reaction score

another flight sim using sts? turncoat! you shall not grace the pages of a dedicated orbiter forum page with this wannabe! lol

just kidding looks great like the high detail at ksc where can i find the download for it?

polaris149Tiberius

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.101stAirborneDivisionClan.com
Getting back on topic

Getting back on topic. I find reading those Nasa briefs are equally as satisefying as when I read the Shuttle Wiki and want the radio to go out if I dont roll to aim the Shuttle's radio antena at the sky just after SRB seperaton. Are you doing that in your flight for STS-120? Im actually not seeing STS-120 on thier list.

Are you carrying a similar payload?
Are you finding trouble inserting into the correct orbit for STS-120? (i.e xxx.xx by xxx.xx km orbit as NASA describes thier orbits now)?

Is your ISS in the correct orbit as well?

Do you find that the information in the NASA briefs are too technical or are you able to understand what those Press Releases describe for your Launch and rendezvous info because I cant seem to bridge the gap.

I have noticed the ISS in the default Orbiter 2006 P1 Shuttle Satallite Launch scenario is out of sync with where it is now when I change the time to now in the scenario editor. Even after I exit and re-launch the current state in order to get rid of such a high Sim time.
This doesnt help. The ISS is still in an incorrect orbit.
Most of the default Atlantis Launch scenarios have the ISS in the wrong place when I compare the ISS to the real ISS location in Nasa Tv watching a live broadcast.

Is there a fix for the ISS orbit numbers I can get? I have looked at the ISS tracking data for sighting the station but those numbers dont make sense to me. Just curious if you know how to read that stuff so you can answer those questions I have.
Thanks to anyone who can help in advance.