Status
Not open for further replies.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The first release of the STS Expansion Pack for STS-125. Included in this package are various payloads for STS-125 from models available at NASA. Included in this package are a FD1 launch scenario and three FD3 scenarios during rendezvous and grapple and berthing of the HST. An
updated HST is included that includes attitude control for the Hubble. As launch day approaches, updates with newer state vectors will be forth coming. Scenarios are contained in the Shuttle Fleet V4.1.8 folder under the STS-125 folder. Scenarios are currently based upon a launch on 5/12/09.

Dave

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3916"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3916[/ame]

fresh squid

Reaction score
Thanks man. Great work as usual.
untitled-3.jpg

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Outstanding work as usual !!!

Just a few quick points;

1. During the FD1 scenery you have the HST defined twice in the scenery file causing 2 Hubble's to be in orbit.

2. During the "orbit scenery's" of STS-125 you don't have STS-400 on the launchpad anymore. Realisticly however it should still be there since it is defined as the rescue shuttle if something happenes with STS-125.

Other than that, great work.
Personally I have changed the HST to the new texture version since it looks more realistic to me ( I know that you don't support other add-ons so that was my personal choice).

Anyway, great work as usual; Orbiter wouldn't be the same without all the hard work you do !

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Outstanding work as usual !!!

Just a few quick points;

1. During the FD1 scenery you have the HST defined twice in the scenery file causing 2 Hubble's to be in orbit.

2. During the "orbit scenery's" of STS-125 you don't have STS-400 on the launchpad anymore. Realisticly however it should still be there since it is defined as the rescue shuttle if something happenes with STS-125.

Other than that, great work.
Personally I have changed the HST to the new texture version since it looks more realistic to me ( I know that you don't support other add-ons so that was my personal choice).

Anyway, great work as usual; Orbiter wouldn't be the same without all the hard work you do !

The launch scenario will be fixed in the next release, scheduled for this weekend (with updated payloads courtesy of Donamy...). As to the on-orbit scenarios, the exclusion of STS-400 and the launch pads is deliberate, I see no reason to include them if I have no need to use them (which the FD3 scenarios don't make use of them...). You can always add them back in by editing the scenarios themselves, but I find that it improves frame rates and overall performance on lower end machines to exclude them.

Finally, the are called "SCENARIOS", in case I've been too subtle. :lol:

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The launch scenario will be fixed in the next release, scheduled for this weekend (with updated payloads courtesy of Donamy...). As to the on-orbit scenarios, the exclusion of STS-400 and the launch pads is deliberate, I see no reason to include them if I have no need to use them (which the FD3 scenarios don't make use of them...). You can always add them back in by editing the scenarios themselves, but I find that it improves frame rates and overall performance on lower end machines to exclude them.

Finally, the are called "SCENARIOS", in case I've been too subtle. :lol:

Point well taken regarding "SCENARIOS"

"Finally, the are called "SCENARIOS", in case I've been too subtle"

BTW, "THEY" is spelled with a "Y" at the end............
LOL
:rofl:
Keep up the great work David

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Point well taken regarding "SCENARIOS"

"Finally, the are called "SCENARIOS", in case I've been too subtle"

BTW, "THEY" is spelled with a "Y" at the end............
LOL
:rofl:
Keep up the great work David

DAMN, foiled again! :p

Note: this message has been spell-checked by my twelve-year old son.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The second release of the STS Expansion Pack for STS-125 is now available. Included in this package are various payloads for STS-125 from Don Gallagher ("Donamy"). Included in this package are a FD1 launch scenario and three FD3 scenarios during rendezvous and grapple and berthing of the HST. An updated HST is included that includes attitude control for the Hubble. As launch day approaches, updates with newer state vectors will be forth coming. Scenarios are contained in
the Shuttle Fleet V4.1.8 folder under the STS-125 folder. Scenarios are now based upon a launch on 5/11/09.

Status
Not open for further replies.