News Senator John McCain has passed

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Rest in peace, Senator. Thank you for your service to our country.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Although I didn't share most of John McCain's political views, he was an honorable man and I respected him. :salute: My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
From the UK and my personal view, what I saw of him campaigning, his honesty and integrity stood out.

RIP

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Same here, I disagreed pretty often about his politics, but it was also always easy to respect him as a politician and foremost human. Even his interventionalism was far more respectable than the Halliburton morals of other GOP politicians.

I would not go so far to call him the soul or integrity of the republican party, but they at least lost the last bit of spine with him.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I saw the news the other day he decided to end his treatment, but thought he had months left...

Sunhillow

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Maybe the greatest honour someone can receive from Donald Trump: he nixed to release a statement in honour of McCain.
In my eyes McCain was far too conservative, but he always was fair, also to his political opponents. Something that will be missed in the future

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
McCain would have made an excellent president... and had he not been saddled with Palin in 2008, likely would have won. He certainly would have earned my vote.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
McCain would have made an excellent president... and had he not been saddled with Palin in 2008, likely would have won. He certainly would have earned my vote.

On the other hand - would he really have had a chance against Obama? After GWB? Maybe it was really the best service for his country to turn Palin into a lame duck by losing the election together with her.