Programming Question SC3-SC4 Robotic Arms

Michael_Chr

Reaction score
Going through the manuals and scenarios/ini examples that comes with Vinkas SC3 with regards to Robotic arms there are no references to the use of robotic arms with other animationtypes than "Rotate".
I also understand the syntax for the robotic arms when it comes to rotate as animations type.

So...:

Has anyone had any experience with SC3/SC4 robotic arms using other animations types (than rotate)?

Im planning to use "translate" as anim type for the robotic arm but before I might venture into a long goosechase it would be interesting to hear if anyone has tried this and can report if succesfull?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm a so called "expert" on SC3/4 animations and robotic arms.

You can do any animations you want, with robotic arm animations. You just need to keep track of the parenting.

Michael_Chr

Reaction score
Let me know if you need help.

I will John...
I know you can do a much better job at this than I - so once I have the visual model and all the animations worked out I will send you a mail.
I have never worked with moving attachmentpoints before and thought it would be cool if I could master it so I wanted to tinker with the robotic arm for that.

ps. I the meantime I have learned to master GMAX (somewhat that is ...:lol:).