Problem Saturns moons doing weird stuff

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
I have a weird problem here:

All saturn moons except Hyperion show really weird orbits with initial velocity being 0 at the start of the simulation. Also using a plugin to retrieve the current positions of the moons using oapiGetRelativePos() shows Iapetus, Dione, Tethys, Enceladus and Rhea all in the same position.

This is occuring in 2010P1 with a number of addons installed but all modules deactivated. It happens in all Sol scenarios as far as i can tell. So i downloaded the 2010P1 again and did a clean install. No problem there. Now here comes the weird part. Figuring that something might have borked my sol config or the modules of those moons i copied all files from the clean install over to my install that showed the problem, replacing all files there. But the problem still persists. I can't make any sense out of this. Has anybody experienced something like this or do you have any ideas what might be causing this ?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I assume you have the Deepstar, then? It comes with Saturn and Satsat DLLs that 'fixed' an old problem, but now just bork up Saturn's moons. Removing them should fix it.

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Oh that would explain the weird behaviour.. i just recently installed Deepstar 2.
Its still strange though that this didn't get fixed when i overwrote with the files from the clean install. I'll have to recheck..

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Ah i see.. the Deepstar throws the 2 dlls right into the orbiter directory so they are loaded from there instead of the modules dir. Really nasty.. :)