Meshing Question Rotating Meshes Properly

CTarana45

Reaction score
I'm having trouble exporting ships from Animator! I can export them fine, what I can't do is rotate the model so it shows up correctly in Orbiter! :hailprobe:

Thanks, Guys

Christoper Tarana

Trekkie

Starfleet Head of Ship Design
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm having trouble exporting ships from Animator! I can export them fine, what I can't do is rotate the model so it shows up correctly in Orbiter! :hailprobe:

Thanks, Guys

Christoper Tarana

im sure someone can help you with this.. im using Blender myself so i dont know how Anim8or works sadly..:facepalm::hailprobe:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Thanks, Guys

Christoper Tarana

Which export script do you use? I had written one, that was using a similar coordinate system as orbiter, just right-handed instead of left-handed like Orbiter.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

Thanks, Guys

Christoper Tarana

There is a tool in the Orbitersdk\utils folder called Shipedit that can rotate meshes. You just need to figure out the axis and angle.

CTarana45

Reaction score
I generally export the mesh as a .3ds file and use Vinka's 3ds2mesh!

Thanks!

Christopher Tarana

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Thanks GLS! I'll try ship edit and see what happens!

Christopher Tarana

CTarana45

Reaction score
I do have Mesh Wizard installed and just installed the anim8or export to mesh script! The script works in the current of Anim8or! I was able to load the mesh in ShipEdit! That allows me to rotate the mesh!

Thanks!

Christopher Tarana

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I do have Mesh Wizard installed and just installed the anim8or export to mesh script! The script works in the current of Anim8or! I was able to load the mesh in ShipEdit! That allows me to rotate the mesh!

Thanks!

Christopher Tarana

Thats good that it still works, I wanted to test the new version soon and check if the old script still works... and fix some bugs in it, that produced weird meshgroups in some situations.

llarian

Reaction score
I can't get Mesh Wizard to work under Win 10.