Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Heard in radio:

Since today, the employer has the power to require sick proof from a doctor, even before 3 days have passed since you're reported sick.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Heard in radio:

Since today, the employer has the power to require sick proof from a doctor, even before 3 days have passed since you're reported sick.

In Germany, yes, you already had this actually before in many employment contracts. The three days is the legal maximum for you to not go to a doctor. There is no legal minimum.

elcpt

Reaction score
In german schools, we even have to bring a doctor's proof for being sick on classtest day..

llarian

Reaction score
Hmmm ... how do they handle "mental health" days?

Ark

Reaction score
What do you mean by that?

The days where you wake up and say to yourself "If I don't take today off, I'm going to stab a coworker in the neck with a letter opener."

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
The days where you wake up and say to yourself "If I don't take today off, I'm going to stab a coworker in the neck with a letter opener."

You might want to quit your job and check yourself into a mental health facility then...

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

For that you have your regular days off plus the overtime hours that accumulated. If you have not accumulated overtime hours until that mental point, you should directly go to the mental health facility or learn self-management quickly.

I have for example 30 work days off in my employment contract... As I experienced this year, 30 days can be too much, if you have also work to do. Instead of "Yippy! Only 5 weeks until the winter holidays!" you can read "damn, only 5 weeks for getting the work done." on my white board.

MattBaker

Reaction score
I don't think many companies will ask for a sick proof after one day, if you're not sick once a week for one day or something like that. The problem is that most of the people have a professional manner and when they catch a cold they go to work after one or two days off (at least I'm like that). But if you visit a doctor he often tells you to stay home for three days, so actually if you have no suspicion that someone is not really ill a sick proof after one day could be bad for you.