Remember the Evacuate Earth film?

richfororbit

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone actually saw it on television? I only saw it on youtube, not the best quality, while the main narrative of the film was fairly imaginative, and designed to kind of get the ball rolling on where a group of people could go, it is certainly thought provoking.

While the film was made in 2011, and aired in 2012. Since then, not much has changed on or any real idea on how a group of people could leave the Earth, since it would require infrastructure to build a vessel to go somewhere, so essentially it is like planning ahead long before any disaster.

There is the Break shot study, I suppose close enough, but just a probe study.

Anyone have much to express on the subject of a group of folks leaving the planet for a new home.

richfororbit

Reaction score
There were actually more films, there were seven episodes, I only found out via Wikipedia.

I have only seen the on youtube.

[ame="https://youtu.be/pDMgQQAN9F0?t=275"]Evacuate Earth -- Part 1/2 -- (A National Geographic Documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I haven't seen it myself, but for science fiction, it's a pretty common trope.

The problem with evacuating Earth is that we reproduce faster than we can be loaded on to a colony ship.

APDAF

Reaction score
And having all of your eggs in one basket is not good either.

There are so much resources in the asteriod belt you could build hundreds of those ships and scatter them out.

richfororbit

Reaction score
The film eight years old now, hasn't changed much on the whole trouble of doing anything like having a select group of diverse people on a spacecraft. It would either be a private project/ and a government project.

The whole idea is nonsense, interesting, but in the real world, I doubt this could happen, more likely to see a mission to the moon a few times than that taking place.

Even in the next century, I doubt there would be any change in a scenario like this.