Remember Columbia

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Her crew, Rick D. Husband, William McCool, Michael P. Anderson, David M. Brown, Kalpana Chawla, Laurel B. Clark and Ilan Ramon, is now amongst the fallen heroes of space, with Vladimir Komarov (1967, Soyuz-1), Georgi Dobrovolski, Viktor Patsayev, Vladislav Volkov (1971, Soyuz-11), Greg Jarvis, Christa M Auliffe, Ronald McNair, Ellison Onisuka, Judith Resnik, Michael J. Smith, Dick Scobee (1986, STS-51L).

Let's be fair and don't forget Valentin Bondarenko (1961, fire in a pressurization chamber), Theodore Freeman (1964, T-38 accident), Elliot See and Charles Bassett (1966, T-38 accident), Gus Grissom, Edward White II, Roger Chaffee (1967, Apollo 1, fire in the cabin during training), Clifton "C.C." Williams (1967, T-38 accident), Robert Lawrence (1967, F-104 accident), Yuri Gagarin (1968, MiG-15 accident) and Sergei Vozovikov (1993, drowned during water recovery training).

May all their souls rest in peace, and their names be quoted often in this forum and anywhere else.

:hailprobe:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Hail Columbia! May her crew Rest In Peace.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I will always remember that day because it was the day of my grandfather's funeral. As we were leaving the hotel to go to the funeral, we saw on the news that they lost contact with Columbia. When I got to my grandmother's house after the service was over, I saw the sad news on TV. We watched news coverage for the rest of the day.

May the Crew and my Grandfather rest in peace forever.