Project Mercury 5.0 question

nbh

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a Freedom 7 II scenario, because project mercury 5.0 comes with a texture for it and mesh for MA-10. Does anyone know how to do this?

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Just use the previuse version as a template with similar parameters while substituting the new mesh AND textures for MA-10.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
<original post removed by myself>

SOLVED!: Rename merc_Freedom7II.msh to merc_FreedomII7.msh and set CAPSULE_NUMBER to 15 in scenario and it will work OR you could just extract the zip I've included.
There seems to have been a typo in the source code or at least a discrepancy between the name of the included mesh and the name the dll requests. ;)

Attachments

• Freedom 7-II Fix.zip
    70.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Rosey

Reaction score
Great addon .. How about an Astronaut Farmer addon?? Remember the movie ... have an addon that launches from Texas from inside a barn!!! Maybe a addon that show Farmer on his first attempt that went bad ... would't that be wild ride??? You have the Mercury Rocket already made???

nbh

Reaction score
There is already a mercury addon with both the Redstone and Atlas rockets, and the Mercury capsule.

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Great addon .. How about an Astronaut Farmer addon?? Remember the movie ... have an addon that launches from Texas from inside a barn!!! Maybe a addon that show Farmer on his first attempt that went bad ... would't that be wild ride??? You have the Mercury Rocket already made???

I seem to remember a very short lived TV show where a guy built a spacecraft in his backyard out of salvaged NASA parts ........ I think there was even an add on for it in the Orbithanger .......

If I remember right, the ship was called Salvage-1.

Rosey

Reaction score
No, there was a movie a year or two ago called "Astronaut Farmer". The story is a ex -pilot that builds a Mercury capsule and a Atlas rocket in is barn on his farm. The top of the barn opens up and he blasts off into space. The government trieds to stop him and all that stuff. When he first tries to launch, the rocket goes sideways and flies level to the ground and crashes. It is a reallt good movie

I know there are ALOT of movie and TV show addons. but I don't think this one is available. I would also like to see "Space Camp" addon and maybe "Day the Earth Stood Still" flying sauser that really flys. Maybe a "Forbidden Planet" ship too. How about the ship from "First Man on the Moon" that round ship that cuts off the flow of gravity to fly to the moon in 1898!!

And how about some more planes from movies. "The Spirit of St Louis" .. an addon that you fly non-stop from New York to Paris in 1927. How about the flight of the Voyager .. the airplane that flew around the World in the 1980's nonstop. Amelia Earhart's Vega or the BEE GEE racing plane that Jimmy Doolittle flew .. the plane that was in the movie "Rocketeer"

How about a Blimp!!! .. Boy landing that would be great .. How about Hot Air Balloons. There have been all kinds of toy rockets .. how about flying in a Firework .. just light the fuse and fly up and explode!!

What about a jetpack ..What about a Lunar Lander game addon ... a simple lunar lander that is controled by a joystock and a simple rocket system .. you have to land manally from 30 miles up on the moon a desigated area or you crash.

How about a lander for Venus or a Moon of Jupiter .. not just a probe, but a fictional lander like the lunar one. A Jupiter II Lost is Space ship from th eTV show and the Movie that flys would be nice too .. What about flying thru and asteroid field like the one from "Armageddon" or "Deep Impact". An addon from the movie "Mission to Mars" "or "Countdown"

There are many more ideas .. what do you think??

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Wow! I've never seen so many ideas at once! Anyways, I've seen some of those addons you mentioned. Just check out OrbitHanger or Avsim(Avsim should show the addons but download might not be possible anymore).

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
avsim is up at the moment