Software Problems with Windows10

lastark

Reaction score
This is my first post, so please excuse any errors in protocol :). I'd like to report what seem to be some bugs running Orbiter 2010 with Windows 10. I'm running a Dell Inspiron 7547 with Core i7 and Windows 10 64 bit. 1TB of disk drive and 8G memory. In general, Orbiter 2010 runs pretty well - here are a few exceptions. 1. Some of the time, when I exit the home screen, I have to open TaskMgr to really[/I} close it or I get EM "Orbiter is already running". 2. If I open a secondary information window such as [CTRL] [ESC, or F1 or I etc.] I can't close the window. I have to quit the program and restart. 3. I can't access any transfer orbit window except to the Moon. I tried Mars and Saturn, but nothing happens. I do not remember encountering any of these problems in the past, although I haven't used Orbiter for quite a while - probably not since Windows 7. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thinker55

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have discovered that it seems like the help and close buttons are there in the dialog boxes -- but just not visible. If you click in the upper right corner, you may get Help or if you go very near the right edge, the dialog WILL close.
One issue I have discovered is that in descents -- as from Mir in the Mission 3 scenario -- once you get below 50 miles, the spacecraft suddenly tilts 90 degrees to the left and the controls become virtually useless. A controlled landing is virtually impossible. This is Orbiter 2010 build 100830 on an HP desktop with 8 GB RAM running Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit on an Intel Quad-core Q9550 processor and an AMD Radeon 6450 display adapter. The same build does not do this under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on the exact same hardware (I dual-boot to different, but nearly identical volumes.) Running the simulation is Windows 7 Compatibility Mode does not fix this issue.