Problem Problem with Apollo 7 DYSKY inputs

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve recently just com back to orbiter after a very long absence and I’ve been playing around with NASSP and I’ve gotten up to a point on the Apollo 7 mission I get stuck in.
It’s the NCC-1 Burn and I get up all the way to the point on the checklist in that I have to input the angels for the shaft and trunnion into the DSKY but it won’t let me input the numbers. Am I missing something in the checklist perhaps or am I doing it wrong, I know the DSKY is working because 5 or something steps earlier I’ve inputted the CM weight numbers.

Also the Apollo Checklist MFD wasn’t around the last time I played NASSP and now that it’s around its a god send.

Thanks, Ryan.

Last edited:

Marijn

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem when using ExtMFD. I can't enter any values with the keyboard. The dialogue pops up, but I can't enter anything. Sometimes after a minute or so, it suddenly starts working again. I do have this problem with different Orbiter 2016 installations on Win8.1 and 10.

Can you try whether you have the same problem? Activate ExtMFD on the Modules tab, launch Orbiter, functions=>ExtMFD, Map program and then try to set a target using the TGT button.

If you do have this problem, it's probably not related to the add-on.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What's the procedure that the checklist wants you to do? Is it the sextant star check for the NCC-1 burn? So V41 N91? And is the DSKY still displaying something from before? Maybe the V50 N18?

Last edited:

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
It's the NCC-1 Burn, sorry that I forgot to mention that. So yeah its the 41 91, and the DSKY isn't displaying anything. It's just after the RPY angels have been put in and the DSKY blanks after pressing Pro for those angels.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You don't have to press PRO for those angles. Did the checklist say that? You have to have the optics mode switch in CMC, obviously. Then you enter for example:

V41 N91E
+10000E
+10000E

and the DSKY will blank except for a 41 in the verb register. There is no additional information being displayed directly that the CMC is driving the sextant, but you could do a V16 N91E to monitor the angles. The trunnion and shaft counters should also change and most importantly the sextant is driven to the specified angles. That's the procedure.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
You have to remember that the AGC contained on the order of 10,000 transistors (about a factor of a million less than the CPU alone in a modern computer), had 4 KiB of RAM, and executed less than a million instructions per second. A user-friendly interface took back seat to getting the functionality they needed to work under those constraints.