Surface Base Prelude II

Odyssey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I have placed the Prelude II base on the moon but cant think of how to navigate there. The only way I could do it was to 'copy state from Brighton Beach' and have the prelude pad overlap Pad 1 of B.Beach. This way I can target Brigton Beach in Map MFD and change my orbit around the moon accordingly. If I was to just put the prelude base.... 'anywhere' on the moon, how would be able to find it???

Many Thanks

Odyssey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will I still be able to use Lola MFD with this?

Kveldulf

Reaction score
Will I still be able to use Lola MFD with this?
No.

The PreludeII is considered a vessel, not a base. Since it is not included with the other bases in the CFG file, LOLA can't target it. Normally, you'd target the PreludeII with the MapMFD, and use the data like you would usually do. If you're flying the DGIV, you can also target it with your Antenna (view the screen by pressing Disp9 or D9).

If you want to land with LOLA however, you will need to download the VTOL PreludeII mod avaliable on Dan's website. Without it, you need to switch to the external view and eyeball it, and also land manually.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
If you place a normal landing pad below the prelude you can target that and still land at the prelude :)

Odyssey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, using the above addon, I am creating a new base in orbiter. I have changed the longitude & latitude etc. How am I meant to know what the nav line is meant to be? This is what is says at the moment -

BEGIN_NAVBEACON
VOR P2MOON -33.473500 +41.086237 114.30 500
END_NAVBEACON

Would this be correct??

Many Thanks

- Also, this is a paragraph written by Dan Steph included in the above addon:

Load orbiter, create a new PreludeII base with scenario editor and place it at the exacte place of your new base,
you'll need to fine tune it's position and heading to match the base pad existing, finally go into base edit
configuration to remove the vessel's pad so you have only the base pad.

What is meant by the text in red? Where is the base edit config and how do you remove the vessel's pad??

Thanks again.

Last edited:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What is meant by the text in red? Where is the base edit config and how do you remove the vessel's pad??

Select the Prelude II base in the scenario editor. There you will find the confguration settings.

Kelpie

Lunar Pilot
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.d.dmaclean.btinternet.co.uk
Load orbiter, create a new PreludeII base with scenario editor and place it at the exacte place of your new base,
you'll need to fine tune it's position and heading to match the base pad existing
Once this is done save the scenario, exit Orbiter then open the scenario with notepad, find the entry for DGIVPreludeII the line you need to edit is

DISPLAYLANDINGPAD 0 ;0=ground base 1=mountain base (eg: phobos) 2= disable

Change the 0 to 2 then save.