PMDG coming to X-plane, developing DC-6.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Hey PMDG, FSX and X-plane fans. I read a couple of interesting on the PMDG-AVSIM forums.

First, PMDG will be doing a DC-6. You can read about it in this thread:
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361760-secret-project-1-this-one-is-a-classic/

Also, I read that PMDG will be converting one of it's aircraft over to X-plane. I can't find the original thread on the AVSIM forums. All I can find is people saying things like: "I read somewhere ...", so if anyone has a link to that announcement thread, post it in this thread and I'll add it to this post.

EDIT:
Here's a link to the AVSIM forums talking about the possibility of PMDG developing for X-plane 10 in reaction to MS Flight.
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/358874-some-thoughts-on-flight/

Last edited:

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
If I remember correctly, they're trying to convert one of their products to see wether it's impractical; it isn't confirmed that after this they would also develop for XP. That's at least how I remember reading the statemente by one of the PMDG guys. It MIGHT be here.

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
The conversion process could get clunky - the making of the plane itself is easy but then the VC and the systems are tougher. I don't know how it goes for FSX, but we make a VC and connect it to the aircraft's systems using so-called 'datarefs'.

Let's see how they will get used to this new interface.

Last edited:

FSXHD

Heterotroph
Donator
Reaction score
I hope they don't forget the FSX!

They said that FSX will be their primary sim for development for at least the next few years, probably five or six. From then on, who knows?

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk

FADEC

Reaction score
It's a good and partly also a necessary step to sell aircraft for both, FSX and X-Plane, since Flight won't become a successor of FSX.

The conversion process could get clunky - the making of the plane itself is easy but then the VC and the systems are tougher. I don't know how it goes for FSX, but we make a VC and connect it to the aircraft's systems using so-called 'datarefs'.

Let's see how they will get used to this new interface.

It might be a tough job. But it should possible without major issues. Carenado already has started to convert and release a few of their aircraft for X-Plane. Well, they don't have such complex systems since it's single piston aircraft, but it works without issues and does not look any different than it does in FSX.

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php?accion=products

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Carenado has some great aircraft for X-plane.

X-Aviation also has some great addons for X-plane

FADEC

Reaction score
Carenado has some great aircraft for X-plane.

X-Aviation also has some great addons for X-plane

Yeah. Especially the CRJ-200 which is the most advanced airliner for X-Plane, if not the most advanced airplane for X-Plane in general: