General Question Please Help Me Eject Somebody....(Delta Glider IV)

Ross

Reaction score
Hello. I am carrying some unsavory characters with me in my DGIV, and they are getting on my nerves. Is there a way to EVA one of my passengers when I'm in orbit? I want him to basically just leave him trapped in space.

All of the airlock combinations that I have tried are unsuccessful. And I turned the seatbelt sign off, too.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
1. The nose cone must be open.
2. You must switch the chamber from AIR to EMP
3. The outer door must be open.
4. Select crew member from bottom panel and press EVA.
5. Close everything and burn any direction to leave the poor guy behind.

#1-4 can of course be found in the DGIV documentation...

Ross

Reaction score
Sorry Tex..... :(

Last edited:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
The inner door should be closed and when you switch the chamber from AIR to EMP you will be able to open the outer door and proceed with your EVA.

Ross

Reaction score
K thanks I got it to work. The mad Doctor is now floating out in space. Man those turbo booster packs are hard to control. Good thing I was practicing with such a low life.

It almost seems a little backwards to me to have to have the outer door open and never have to open the inner one. I think that's why I was confused.

By the way Tex, I watched your tutorial for how to dock with the ISS and it was amazing. Very well done man. I learned a lot about spaceflight that I didn't even have a clue about before...

And thanks for the encouragement Izack!

Matt00

Reaction score
K thanks I got it to work. The mad Doctor is now floating out in space. Man those turbo booster packs are hard to control. Good thing I was practicing with such a low life.

It almost seems a little backwards to me to have to have the outer door open and never have to open the inner one. I think that's why I was confused.

By the way Tex, I watched your tutorial for how to dock with the ISS and it was amazing. Very well done man. I learned a lot about spaceflight that I didn't even have a clue about before...

And thanks for the encouragement Izack!

That came up in beta testing. Dan made it that way so it wouldn't be too complicated rather than cycling the whole airlock for every passenger leaving the DG.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
That came up in beta testing. Dan made it that way so it wouldn't be too complicated rather than cycling the whole airlock for every passenger leaving the DG.

That makes sense. And you could of course, manually pressurize and depressurize for each passenger if you were so inclined.

Really, though, the feature that should be added is preventing UMMUs with an age greater than 30 from EVAing, because there's no way someone older than 29 would be flexible enough to fit in that airlock.

Matt00

Reaction score
Like Dan said, "You open the airlock and they all jump in." ?