Discussion Physical controller replica for Project Apollo

mnurick

Reaction score
Been reflecting on the insane Steel Battalion mech controller and wondered if anyone here has thought about or investigated what it would take to fully recreate a physical Apollo Command Module console and plug it into Orbiter?

Sounds crazy, but I feel like this group is also crazy enough to explore it...

Thymo

I like breaking things
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nassp.space
We already support the use of two joystick simultaneously, one for translation and one for rotation. There are also keyboard shortcuts for certain systems like the sextant and DSKY.
Putting those things on a 'button box' shouldn't be an issue. bru57000 already did this with an external DSKY as seen in his video:
EDIT: Actually looking at this video again I think he implemented his own interface with NASSP over TCP instead of keyboard commands, you'd need it for the display.

Building a fully fledged simpit would be quite an interesting thing to see, it would take quit a bit of work to build such a thing. NASSP currently does not support it as controls not exported via keyboard shortcuts can not be manipulated. Of course if the need arises that can be implemented.

So yeah, theoretically it would be possible. Someone just needs to be crazy enough to do it.