Programming Question Pause session from system.dat

Stancu Florin

Reaction score
I am trying to pause automatically a Orbiter 2010 session after a certain amount of time (let's suppose 10 s).
I have managed to end the session automatically from system.dat file with the command: 10.00 ENDSESSION and I presume that should exist a command to pause the session in this way , without using the graphical interface "pause" button.
Do someone have any idea how could I do this ?

Thanks in advance!

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can you explain the use-case a bit more? I.e. for what reason do you want to pause?

Within a VESSEL or an MFD, it's trivial to implement a pause for 10 secs with: a Sleep(10000) call, but you obviously need to code it into something.

I presume there's also a Lua equivalent to this, if you want to code it as a run-time script.

Stancu Florin

Reaction score
So i have a playback scenario with .att and .pos files defined over 10 seconds of seconds.Now I want to play this playback with Orbiter and to pause the playback automatically after these 10 seconds without pressing the pause button from the graphical interface.
The reason why i want this is because Orbiter will continue to propagate the spacecraft states with the internal Runge Kutta method. In this case i want to pause the simulation after finishing all the positions and attitudes defined in att and pos files.
As I said before in the same folder with att.and pos is a file system.dat and I can write the command :10 ENDSESSION and will end automatically the session after 10 seconds. I need something like this, but instead of closing the orbiter to PAUSE the simulation at that point.
Where I can call Sleep(10000) command?