Problem Pads & vehicles are "grounded" on sea level

Tarantul

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Suddenly on my Orbiter 2016 installation all landing pads, textured runways and grounded vehicles in scenarios are "sticked" to sea level, not to elevations maps.

Example on screenshot is Ascension Island 2016 mod base, but this problem is everythere on the Earth (and it seems on Earth only - lunar Brighton Beach is ok), both on modified and unmodified bases, for example on Habana, KSC etc.

Only landing pads, runways and grounded vehicles seems to affected this problem, other objects like buildings looks ok on proper ground level. If vehicles started to move, it immediately "blast" up to air and then hit the "proper" ground elevation which are visually noticed.

Unfortunately I didn't noticed when this problems occures (spend lot of times orbiting :)), but recently I only installed some vehicles (brianj's mainly) and couple of MFDs (Lagrange MFD for example).

I tried to remove all "Elev" and "Elev_mod" folders out of Texture/Earth, earth.cfg is unmodified, tried both D3D9 and vanilla client, but the problem still exist, in default scenarios as well.

The only way to make all appears on ground level is to turn off "Surface elevation" but it's only mean that everything else is moved down to sea level...

Also here is a list of my modules, I tried to turn off all of them - no effect. Nothing suspicious in orbiter.log also.

What's happened?? :blink:

-----

UPDATED:

Oh, and how it's usually happened I spend a hours but figured out the problem immediately after forum post :) The problem appears when I added Bennu as a planet to the planets list, for brianj's OSIRIS Rex mod, so I'll adresses the problem to the according topic) But maybe this post will be useful for somebody.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Thinker55

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I find it AMAZING that no one has gone through and corrected elevations of Earth bases in Orbiter 2016! Many of them are virtually invisible, the pads, etc, buried beneath the ground of buildings floating in the air... I spent an hour trying to find ONE of the runways at White sands, in spite of using the OBI! Pads 3 and 4 at Baikonur just wander around as you look at them! Wallops Island is a blank. If someone would provide some kind of decent tutorial, I would do it! The other issue is "Why are pad locations documented, and not runways?" Oh, yeah, the ILS is there, and other similar info -- but try actually getting to one! There is nothing in the scenario editor to tell you where they are. Given the fact that a Delta Glider can NOT hover with anything resembling a decent load of fuel, how, exactly, are you to depart from most of these places? I've been trying to wade through the descriptions for doing tile edits, but most tools seem to be for 2010, not 2016. Am I missing something? (That would be easy to do...) Is there a fix out there I have not discovered? With OHM broken as it is, it seems like most content isn't searchable. Can someone point the way?