Question P22 in Apollo11 Mission

riclourenco

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hello

Since the apollo landmarks in visual helpers are not working for now, will I be able to do the Apollo 11 mission without doing P22?

Thanks!

Last edited:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello

Since the apollo landmarks in visual helpers are not working for now, will I be able to do the Apollo 11 mission without doing P22?

Thanks!

I've been able to do P22 some times after studying the maps carefully. The terrain and textures in Orbiter 2016 are pretty impressive. But other times I have just not been able to do find the landmarks. So I'd answer your question with a careful maybe. :lol:

meik84

Reaction score
The idea behind those P22s was getting better coordinates of future landing sites and to get a better position of the landed LM. They were not crucial for the rest of the mission. Collins never managed to track Eagle on the surface, nor were all of his landmark trackings good enough to extract a more precise landmark position from them. As we all know, 11 got back to earth despite all that, so: yes, you can go ahead with the mission without the P22s.

riclourenco

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks you very much fo your answers indy91 and meik84. I'm already in moon orbit in Apollo 11! Let's see how it goes. :).