Out of Orbiter for a little over a year.

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
@NukeET: I do remember in NPS, talking about the one-off boats that were early experiments in which is the best plant. The S1G, liquid sodium, the S3G, horizontal SG, the S5G natural circ and ginormous main turbine, and of course the S1C, electric 72 pole DC main motor. Fun fact. Not long before I attended NPTU S1C, they had refueled the core, which was only 9 modules; they left the old center one in just to see what happened.
I got to S5G in Nov '87, while it was in the middle of refueling. It added 6 months to my time at prototype.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
funny that the Mark 45 nuclear torpedo has a range of 6,150 feet, the impact of a nuclear explosion is 13,800 feet. a torpedo cannot explode without destroying its own host

Sounds like a quite huge explosive radius under water - but yes, the maximum range was limited because of the cable required for detonating the warhead. Politics...

See the Crossroads Baker test there for reference, ships beyond 1000m distance had not been sunk (just contaminated) and the test had twice the yield of such a torpedo...

Sounds more sane than the Davy Crocket weapon...

Rocketeer

Reaction score
It all started a little over a year ago when my PC graphics card died. Then, cataract surgery, right eye - same month. Left eye, last November. Swept up in RL and thinking the hiatus from Orbiter wasn't so bad. Hernia repair surgery at the end of August. My advice: don't grow old. It's a trap.

One of my customers gave me a new card after an upgrade last Friday. Bless his heart!

WOW! Orbiter is now open source! I'm sure I'll find other new things...I've only been back about 24 hrs.
Hey - Growing old may be the pits but it beats the alternative!