General Question Orbiter installation manual & addon management tools?

Jaakko

Reaction score
About this Orbiter game. Is there any installation manual /program for it? Is there any addon management tools available?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
The manual is included in the packaged files within the "Doc" folder. It's called "Orbiter.pdf" - however, there are no install instructions per se, because it doesn't need to be installed. Simply unpack the files and play!

As for addon management, I recommend JSGME, which can be found with all good search engines. It seems to work fine with Orbiter for me and gets the job done nicely.

Jaakko

Reaction score
I have also noticed that in the utilities section are many useful diagnostic/helper/setup tools. These are must to use.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

One question more: Are 2006 addons compatible with orbiter 2010? Because I have LOADS of 2006 addons. ;)

Last edited:

Tommy

Reaction score
One question more: Are 2006 addons compatible with orbiter 2010? Because I have LOADS of 2006 addons

Some are, some aren't. The XR series vessels are available for the latest Orbiter 2010P1. Get them at Doug's Orbiter site (check the quicklinks).

There's a sticky thread somewhere about "Add-on compatibility for Orbiter 2010.

If you use JSGME, it's easy enough to try a vessel and see if it works.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
O-F Staff Note: Thread renamed from "Addon Question" to "Orbiter installation manual & addon management tools?"

The sticky thread with addons working in ORBITER 2010 Tommy mentioned above is actually an Article which you can find at the following link:

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16177

Additionally you can find a list of recommended addons for both versions of Orbiter HERE. Last but not least, you can find install instructions in the Orbiter FAQ.