Project Orbiter Datacards - Spaceports

Epsilon

Interplanetary Road Pizza
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, this is my new project. We'll see how long -this- one lasts. >_>

I've got datacards for KSC, WIA, LBB (Brighton Beach), and ReFuel's Corporate HQ, all in .pdf form. They're designed (much like the one I made for the moons of Jupiter) for printing to a 3x5 index card.

Now here's my question - what other air/spaceports do you guys use, where a datacard would be useful? Keep in mind that a datacard is slightly non-useful for a spaceport that only handles vertical launch - the datacards are made to be referred to when you're approaching a landing strip with a vehicle such as a space shuttle or a DG.

Release will be done after this post. Post ideas below, and I'll do 'em if/when I get to 'em. <_<

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

It is cool. :speakcool:

I think you also may want to make a chart with approach path (HAC), lpad layouts to select the most convenient pad, etc.

I'm quoting this message here, to move it into the "proper" thread.

ar81 - while I could do layouts for vtol pads, that's somewhat what the pictures are for. You assume that someone's got half of an idea of what the place looks like. >_>

Now, if I remove the pictures (which I admit -are- for looks, and not that essential), it leaves room for something else. How would you go about defining a HAC in a simple manner that can be used universally? And all in a 2-4cm square? ;)

If the collective y'all think that some distances/headings to nearby VORs would be useful, I could certainly collect that information, but I fail to see (specifically) how it'd be used for a HAC. <_<

Kveldulf

Reaction score
Now, if I remove the pictures (which I admit -are- for looks, and not that essential), it leaves room for something else. How would you go about defining a HAC in a simple manner that can be used universally? And all in a 2-4cm square? ;)
You do have the back of the card to use.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
You may use Surface Base Wizard to create a diagram of the base, or you may take Orbiter screenies from above. When I approach a base, it becomes a bit uncertain which is the lpad you want to land until you are very close.

Some pads have obstacles, depending on where you come from.
Try Alysimia city addon and you will see why knowing the location of pads is important.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Now here's my question - what other air/spaceports do you guys use, where a datacard would be useful?

I use kulch's spaceports occasionally.

Epsilon

Interplanetary Road Pizza
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
You do have the back of the card to use.

This is true, but the cards curl pretty badly when you feed them through twice. >_>

And I still have the initial question - how do I describe a HAC? Keep in mind that I'm not a pilot, and to be honest, I'm not really a simmer (in the sense of 100% realism - ATC would get on my nerves, for instance >_>)