Question Orbiter 2010 or Orbiter 2016?

Preferred Orbiter version: 2010 or 2016?

• Orbiter 2010

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Orbiter 2016

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • I use both

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Hi All,

First of all, apologies if this is poasted in the wrong section.

I was wondering, what seems to be the general consensus regarding Orbiter player's preferred version: Orbiter 2010, or Orbiter 2016?

The main reason I ask this is mainly due to Dansteph's UMmu, and the loss of most functionality in Orbiter 2016. Is UMmu important enough for the majority of players to still keep a 2010 version? I know addons like AMSO also have lost functionality in Orbiter 2016...

Anyhow, Just wanted to get some form of consensus, is there still a large percentage of Orbinauts who are "loyalists" to the 2010 version? If anyone would care to comment, I'd love to hear your opinions.

Thanks!

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
I use 2016 because of terrain and better visuals, but quickly get frustrated because there's so little to do (no cargo or crew, limited addons).
Going back to 2010 immediately causes rejection because of flat planets and worse visuals...
So overall I only use 2016, but much less than before, as it gives me a feeling of wasted potential. :unsure:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Orbiter is now open-source and will live or die through the active community. DanSteph's addons were fun back in the days, but it is time to move to something else.

So overall I only use 2016, but much less than before, as it gives me a feeling of wasted potential

Orbiter will go nowhere without people willing to move things around. It's up to us.