Software Orbiter 100830 and antialiasing

Pietrogramma

Reaction score
Hallo, how I Can use the antialiasing with Orbiter2010 and D3D9 client in full screen? When I choose a full screen mode the TAB antialiasing is off and I can't choose anymore setting, If I choose, instead, the window mode I can use the AA from 2X to 8X.
There is a mode for use the AA in full screen mode?
Thanks, and sorry my bad english

Reaction score
In D3D9 full screen mode, I believe your graphics card setting is used for anti aliasing, so you need to make sure 'orbiter.exe' is set up for anti aliasing in your graphics driver.

Pietrogramma

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, but if I set graphic driver for the antialiasing in orbiter.exe I play Obiter without the d3d9 client? Or I must set the graphic driver for the Orbiter_ng.exe?
Thanks and ciao

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
orbiter.exe launches inline directx7 client. orbiter_ng.exe launches whatever client you've installed (d3d9, OGLA etc). set your AA settings for orbiter_ng.exe.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Or I must set the graphic driver for the Orbiter_ng.exe?
Set it for "Modules/Server/orbiter.exe" in the Orbiter's directory. Orbiter_ng.exe is only there to launch "Modules/Server/orbter.exe" with the working directory set to Orbiter's root.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Set it for "Modules/Server/orbter.exe" in the Orbiter's directory. Orbiter_ng.exe is only there to launch "Modules/Server/orbter.exe" with the working directory set to Orbiter's root.
mmh...If I do this, both the main Launchpad window and the Modules Tab are empty (still on XP though).
Creating a profile for "Orbiter_ng.exe" seems to be working better.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
If I do this, both the main Launchpad window and the Modules Tab are empty
Are you launching the Modules/Server/orbiter.exe file directly? You shouldn't, at least if you don't set the working directory to the Orbiter's root.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Orbter (without "i") must be a typo, right?

It's my CCC profile that launches Modules/Server/orbiter.exe, but I guess I've misunderstood something.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Is launching through CCC required to override the default settings (I don't have any Radeon right now)? How is CCC deciding which process will actually use the profile, are the settings inherited by subprocesses? If they are, then you can launch Orbiter_ng.exe, otherwise are there options to set the working directory for the launched process (e.g. like there is for example in an explorer shortcut)?

Orbter (without "i") must be a typo, right?
It was just a copy/paste from the earlier post.