Orbit Hangar Mods to support external links - Looking for a volunteer

Vash

OHM Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I am adding a new feature to the web site which will allow database entries to be made which point to add-ons hosted on other web sites. Put simply, what this means is that Orbit Hangar Mods will be indexing all Orbiter add-ons no matter where they are hosted. This will make Orbit Hangar Mods an all-inclusive search engine for Orbiter add-ons. Files hosted on other web sites (such as Orbiter Sound or the XR series of craft) will have standard add-on record entries, but their download links will redirect the user to the appropriate web site where they may download the add-on.

Unfortunately, writing an automated system to keep track of add-ons at these various external sites would be far too time consuming. This is why I am asking for a volunteer from the Orbiter community to donate some of their time to data entry and maintaining these external links for the Orbit Hangar Mods web site. If you are interested, please let me know as possible.

Thanks.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Volunteer or volunteers? Would think it's a job for more than one. Sounds simple enough that I think it would be something I'd be able to do on a daily/bi-daily basis on free time. How complex would it be to manage? If it's a form like system I should be able to handle it.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
well if you need help I have free time :thumbup: