Orb:Connect LAN support

p5mpilot

Reaction score
hi all i have been a member of the forum for some time but have been away, but do to some changes i am back and can dedicate more time to my hobby:thumbup: anyway i have a question that is probably on the dumb side, but not being a computer guru i cant figure out. i have been playing around with orb:connect and was wondering can it be used across a lan? and if so how do i know what the port address is for the config file? or am i way off base i have done a search but couldnt find the answer so please forgive me if i missed a post or if this is in the wrong place i'm working on my own simpit at the moment thanks in advance:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes, it can be used across a LAN.

You can use whatever port you want as long as it doesn't conflict with a port being used already on your computer.

p5mpilot

Reaction score
thanks for your reply im not a programmer by any means (in fact i am one of those old guys that can remember when we didnt have computers in school:lol:)
but am trying to learn everything i can is there a tutorial on setting it up this way that you know of? my problem is i dont know how to find what port can be used. thanks for your time i do appreciate it:)