Open Hatch

Snakeice

Reaction score
Hi, i've read that i can open CSM and LEM Hatches.
I've maneged to open thew CSM main hatch (the boarding one) and the LEM Tunnel Hatch.
I Cant manage to open CSM tunnell hatch and LEM main hatch.
I've olso noticed an EVA button in pamfd, what's its funcition? i can do an EVA on the moon or also in space like J missions?
Thanks alot!

MrFickles

Reaction score
is your dP at zero or near zero? The tunnel hatches and LM hatches won't open unless dP is sufficiently low.

EVA button works and will spawn an astronaut at the LM ladder if the LM forward hatch is open. Unfortunately, all you can do at the moment is to move the astronaut around the surface.

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yep, I think we got you sorted in discord but for completion:

So the CM side hatch is not pressure dependent since it's outward opening, the CM forward (tunnel) hatch however requires equalized pressure between the CM and the tunnel The LM overhead hatch can be opened from the LM after its unlocked and the pressure is equalized between the tunnel and the LM The LM fwd (egress) hatch also has the same latch and pressure requirements, pressure must be equalized (so cabin completely depressed) to open
The EVA button is older code but with the LM fwd hatch open on the moon, and the crew in the PLSS, it allows you to "walk" on the surface